T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell I am planning on buying a small amount of t-shirts to have my designs put on them and reselling them at local flee markets ext to raise money for my business idea. I need to know due to the fact that I have an extremely low budget if not any. What is the most bought shirt size in america is is LG XLG OR M or what. I'm looking at spending no mor then like 80 bucks ok.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If you're only buying one size, then probably large.

There's a thread around here somewhere where a lot of people give their size breakdowns for different markets. Personally, I've always sold a majority of medium, but the general consensus seemed to be large.

Although it entirely depends on your demographic.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You should definitely get a mix of sizes. For example, I seem to sell a lot of L, XL and XXL. But some sell more mediums.

I've seen some sites where they only sell Large and XL, so those must be the 2 most popular. But you could be missing out on sales if you don't have the sizes people want...then you might have wasted the $80.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmm tricky, whats your market? This will influence your sizing.
for exmaple, are you looking at the teenage skinny jean stripy market, or the mid 30's console gamer etc etc/

Int eh UK, i deliver to shops 1,2,2,1 and my sizes are about
36/37 sml
38 med
40 large
42/43 xl
They are pretty slim fitting, not tight just not baggy!
However i recently orded XS and XXL, but this doesnt really work with UK shops. although i am selling the XXLs online. I would say the KEY sizes are the M and L in the UK, but i suspect form online sales the US is more L , XL.
You are bigger than us small europeans! (of course i mean big boned :p )

·
Registered
457 Posts
What about Tshirts for females, folks? In your experience, do most female clients want the female styles with the shorter sleeves like Baby Doll, Faceoff etc, or are smaller sizes in the typical Hanes-type Ts acceptable? (My advice from the women I know is that they do want girlie Ts, but these are more expensive generally, so just wondering about the status quo in this regard...maybe the women I know are picky!).

BTW, am I alone in feeling awkward about how to refer to females these days? I mean, "chicks" is no longer PC amongst older females; "females" sounds so clinical, as if you're referring to some specimen in a jar in a biology lesson; "women" sounds too formal, especially for younger, erm, whatever; "girls" sounds too young for older women; "babes" is probably considered patronising and sexist...sheisse, whaddaya say?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I carry babydoll tees (although they don't show the midriff). Some girls like the fitted tees and some just like to buy the smaller sized unisex.

A medium babydoll tee (like from Bella) is sometimes considered a "one size fits all" size, but I like to get S-M-L

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,
before you buy anything,make sure you know your customer base.But i will strongly advice you to have atleast 1dozen of medium with your inventory and 1dozen of 2X the rest can be split between large and XL .Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts