T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... I bet you thought I was going to tell you what it is, eh? haha nope; the truth is, I have no idea! This thread is actually here to discuss overall ink elasticity, as well as our personal experiences with various ink elasticity.

For starters, I will say that I am still making fine-tuning adjustments to our curing process (we are currently using Dupont ink), and we actually intend to switch from manual PT to automatic PT, very soon; I feel this will allow us greater control of the pretreatment process, while providing far greater consistency. Until I take this step, I am reserving judgement on the overall elasticity of PROPERLY CURED Dupont white ink!

In the mean time, I will post this starter image of a shirt printed with KORNIT INK, back when I had my Kornit converted to handle the V2 white inks (or whatever the hell they were called, a few years back) - notice the elasticity!!!! As you can probably tell from the picture, I am NOT gentle when I perform tests like these; I find it better to be as unforgiving as possible, to best simulate the end-user (client) experience.

Kornit V2 Ink Pre-Stretch:

Kornit V2 Ink During-Stretch:

Kornit V2 Ink Post-Stretch:

To me, this is the best washability I have seen, to date! If you want to submit your ink for consideration in the "best elasticity" category, POST YOUR EVIDENCE! Let's see pictures, not verbal reviews, please. This would be a great time for all those UK-ers to post pics of how elastic the Resolute Inks are!

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I think a second component is the shirt. The softstyle shirts like the gildan softstyle and aa shirts yield a better fabric to print on than the run of the mill stiff cotton shirt.

Reactions: Justin Walker

·
Registered
153 Posts
I still need a pro opinion of DTG printing on 2x1 Ribbed Tank Tops.

I use 1x1 American Apparel as they print fine on the Brother 782 on Black, and do not see any customer rejection that they are NOT 2x1 ribbed tanks, but as the clothing line owner, I would definietely prefer 2x1 ribbed tanks as they are the bomb - esp on a shapely woman...

Any suggestions - like prestretching the shirt and artwork, or using dupont, brother, kornit inks... as the 2x1 ribbed tanks printed on the Brother 782 have huge cracks when you stretch them.

Danka

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Firmly press the shirt, and avoid hovering to get an elastic print
I know you are speaking about the Brother inks, specifically, but I am wondering what you meant by "avoid hovering"? We hover our heat press on our Dupont ink prints, to avoid smearing ink on the parchment paper when we press it..... Is this what you are referring to?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know you are speaking about the Brother inks, specifically, but I am wondering what you meant by "avoid hovering"? We hover our heat press on our Dupont ink prints, to avoid smearing ink on the parchment paper when we press it..... Is this what you are referring to?
Per instructions the ink is recommended to dry without pressure (hover, or so I understood), but I'm seeing better results when firmly pressed ( I use the same pressure as I use with pretreatment), the inks bond better to the pretreatment.

The inks are very hard to smear whit my setup, (That has only been the case in one t-shirt from all of which I have done, and because it was a very big coverage of alternating red and white),I'm seeing that brother inks gel pretty fast when in contact wit the pretreat, if you where to stick your finger there you would undoubtedly accomplish it, but is way harder compared to the lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.