T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 80 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Everything you need is here in the forums and the 1900 clue book. Remember the clue book is just that a clue. Measurments are a guide only.

Reactions: DTFuqua

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's a bummer, maybe someone in the forums can help with a tough clogged head solution. I see some youtube videos that may help. Sometime those guys use harsh chemicals that can screw up the head to the point of extinction.
Got most of it i bought a kit from inkcart.com used them for r1800 ink and cartridges no problem bought a kit for unclogging heads with big needle and rubber tube works fine but slow.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yea. I never like particle board. I am using a half sheet of 1/2 inch birch plywood. Almost $30 but it is pretty stable. I aalsso got the drill bits for pre drilling pilot holes to save from splitting anything. Just have to be carefull to not overtighten anything. I will be using wood glue along with the screws during assembly.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Particle board is different from mdf.
I dont like either. 1/2 inch birch is a good choice.
Mdf must be sealed to prevent swelling.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Do you remember what size l brackets you got or it doesn't matter? not listed in clue book.
L channel aluminum goes under bed and attaches to rails 1.5 in.
Got it at Home Depot

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
2 questions What is the length of the rails 24"? and the box walls pieces height is missing from the plans..
Use 24 inch rails. Height of walls on platen box is up to you. I find about 1.5 inch to 2 is good it just holds the excess shirt. Early comercial printers had about 6 inches new ones now may not have any.

Reactions: DTFuqua
61 - 80 of 208 Posts