T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
we have a R1900 and we have been having trouble getting the colors to stick to the transfers and the images come out dull. keep me posted on how it works for you:)
What kind of transfers are you using for the 1900? We have a 1400 we use for transfers and only use jpss but get amazing color with Cobra Refill Pigment Carts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thank for helping us. we will contact you. we are thinking of buying a laser printer and going with that because of the problems we have been having. thinking of buying the hp officejet 7500A wide format e-all-in-one printer. it prints the same size as the 1900. what do you think of laser printers? are they better? and easier?

·
Registered
29 Posts
thank for helping us. we will contact you. we are thinking of buying a laser printer and going with that because of the problems we have been having. thinking of buying the hp officejet 7500A wide format e-all-in-one printer. it prints the same size as the 1900. what do you think of laser printers? are they better? and easier?
Sorry I have never fooled with laser transfers as I have never owned a laser printer. The thing with transfers is that you need really hard even pressure with the right temp..I just printed out a greatfull dead album cover the other day to test out my 1400 ink due to switching from a workforce 30 and pressed the jpss on 350 for 20 seconds on the shirt I was wearing and it came out great! The color is amazing with the 1400 but I am using cobra's profile..One thing to check is to make sure you have the Color Control turned off in the print menu and then make sure you have the correct icc profile and your colors should be good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe it's me but what size is the front middle suppose to be i know 14.5 but whats the height.?
from my understanding it doesnt have a definite size, just tall enough to mount a pulley and low enough to clear the slides/box.

uh oh looks like diydtgs.com is no longer up. glad i printed out the clue book a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
uh oh looks like diydtgs.com is no longer up. glad i printed out the clue book a few days ago.
:( Yea. It seems to happen every time. At least Jeff gave us information enough to actualy get a viable working machine. I hate the loss but you can't blame the ones that go that way. The kind of money such machines bring on the open market would make it hard for most people not to decide to cash in on all the work and experimentation they go through.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Height just needs to be high enough to mount drive and have clearance for the drive belt etc. Critical is the distance to run the ribbon cables from the carriage to the mother board. Some have moved mother board to rear and above printer vs on side. The platen box should have aleast small sides to help protect shirt as it goes thru printer so it does not hang up on sides of printer.
Notice the electronic bay has everything stuffed in the front on top of each other this has to do with ribbon cable length. The ASF board cable is very short. So it is next to main board. The carriage cables are a limiting factor so main board is high/ almost level with base of printer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I just ran out of the clear printer won't print without it

That's a bummer, maybe someone in the forums can help with a tough clogged head solution. I see some youtube videos that may help. Sometime those guys use harsh chemicals that can screw up the head to the point of extinction.

41 - 60 of 208 Posts