T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you change the size of the base from 33 x 36 to 30 x 36 or size of the bays from 30 to 33 inch.? Thanks
No I left it 33x36 I imagine you can reduce it. I went with the base measurements for this build book. The next one I build I will know a lot more.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Im waiting on a email from a TSF member. He said that he obtained a .312 pulley from a company. This was at the end of last year. I will find out if it was the correct one and post info once I get an email back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, got the printer today brand new! :D

Time spent 2 hours to go 15 miles in Los Angeles Traffic Rush
Hour

Cost $300

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good buy - 300 dollars - I assume the UPC code has been removed so the first purchaser can get the rebate - and of course you do not care about the Epson Warranty - :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good buy - 300 dollars - I assume the UPC code has been removed so the first purchaser can get the rebate - and of course you do not care about the Epson Warranty - :)
No UPC code, unopened box. Warranty no to worried about I made a friend a few months ago and he sells ink and repairs printers. Small shop but he has extra print heads and he is working on getting me a ink bag system.

·
Registered
419 Posts
No UPC code, unopened box. Warranty no to worried about I made a friend a few months ago and he sells ink and repairs printers. Small shop but he has extra print heads and he is working on getting me a ink bag system.
Sounds like a good deal, i am on my way pick up roybi 10 inch table saw $40. off craigslist. i cant cut a straight line to sae my life.lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sounds like a good deal, i am on my way pick up roybi 10 inch table saw $40. off craigslist. i cant cut a straight line to sae my life.lol
My damn Dewalt battery was almost gone had to make a few cuts then put it back on the charger. I would make my measurements and line then cut a few. It worked out otherwise I would have cut the crap out of the wood.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Staring at the plans tonight and the printer. Back and forth back and forth. I will do a test print and check to see how this beast runs. I am looking to take it apart on my next day off from work. Good looking printer hate to take it apart. But, this is for the greater good of a DTG printer next to my screen printing equipment. I read more of German13's tread and it looked for awhile he was messing with different types of inks that could run through the print heads. I guess he stopped because then EKrip came into his life. The prints from the videos where a lot more vivid.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just got a 4 x 8 3/4 mdf sheet had homedepot make 2 cuts 33x36 off thank god the base is bigger the should be
I did the same thing had them cut it for me. Then tried to get them in the back window of the Expedition. Those pieces are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a buddy and i started this build last week, so far we have all the materials bought and the printer torn down. it wasn't to bad getting the printer apart but it took lots of staring and head scratching to figure out how some things were held together. once we get a day without a ton of rain we will be cutting the wood and starting our assembly.

this is our first experience with building/modifying anything as well as our first time doing anything involving t-shirts or printing so its been quite a steep learning curve but these plans have been extremely helpful. if 2 college kids with 0 experience can do this anyone should be able to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
a buddy and i started this build last week, so far we have all the materials bought and the printer torn down. it wasn't to bad getting the printer apart but it took lots of staring and head scratching to figure out how some things were held together. once we get a day without a ton of rain we will be cutting the wood and starting our assembly.

this is our first experience with building/modifying anything as well as our first time doing anything involving t-shirts or printing so its been quite a steep learning curve but these plans have been extremely helpful. if 2 college kids with 0 experience can do this anyone should be able to.

There will be 3 of us building about the same time. I just got the email from SDP said they shipped my parts from NY. So that will be about 5 days from NY to Ca. Tear down soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I broke over and got a 1900 off ebay and can't wait to get printing. I will be following this with great detail and hope to be up and running soon! Can someone please post a pic of the detail of a shirt printed with one of these beasts? All the vids are blurry and tend to not be close enough to see the true detail of the print.

·
Registered
42 Posts
we have a R1900 and we have been having trouble getting the colors to stick to the transfers and the images come out dull. keep me posted on how it works for you:)

21 - 40 of 208 Posts