T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Jetprosofstretch hasn't cracked in my experience and I've been using it since it came out. While it does stretch with cotton and cotton blends, I haven't used it on a ribbed like this one.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
What I mean by Jetpro not cracking is that Jetpro will show the white in between the weave on cotton and cotton/poly blends when the shirt is stretched, but when the stretch is over - the shirt regains it's original appeal. It doesn't retain a 'cracked' look like other papers I've seen.

Since ribbed shirts like this always have a stretch once they are on a body, the white in between the weave will probably show as well. That's why I tend to stay away from ribbed, I don't get a good feeling that they'll look too good for that reason. It's nice to know baby rib is something I might be able to try. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
When I do tanks that are or anyother strechy material with heat transfers I stetch the shirt on the heat press and keep it stetched untill done. and have had very little problems with cracking and braking.
I know of another member who does this as well and says it is no problem this way. They say lower the upper platen and stretch the shirt. (?) Is that how you do this? Just curious, I'm a bit too nervous of ribbing for the same reason the OP is saying, but would like to know what real possibilities are out there that I may use if I need to.

I guess my other main question is also how does the image look when the shirt is done pressing and not stretched? Does it look odd at all - as if some of the image is missing (lost in between the ribs/weave)? I"m guessing not - since otherwise, haha, you would't be doing this, but I like to ask anyway. Thanks so much! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.