T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I think it will probably be easier to do a grunge look with screen printing or plastisol transfers rather than inkjet transfers. But keep in mind that the grunge look is mostly part of the design, not the print. So it is possible you could do it with inkjet transfers.

If you search the forums for "distressed" you will find more threads that talk about this design style.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it will probably be easier to do a grunge look with screen printing or plastisol transfers rather than inkjet transfers. But keep in mind that the grunge look is mostly part of the design, not the print. So it is possible you could do it with inkjet transfers.

If you search the forums for "distressed" you will find more threads that talk about this design style.
Agreed. I tried this and it looks good

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would think it would look ok on a light colored garment and work well, but not on darks, not with inkjet. The reason it would work ok on light colored garments is that the broken pattern of a destressed look is normally white, so it would be transparent on a light colored transfer, which is what you would want. But on a dark because the transfer is white, it would show the white where the ink is knocked out and wouldnt look good I dont think. Hope this helps some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts