T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear.

I've been planning on a a soft-relaunch as a jazzy eBay store as we re-establish in Australia, selling on eBay.co.uk, before we go back to a full bells and whistles website. The UK eBay t-shirt market is not quite as stagnant as the US has become, and prices are generally in the $15-25 range.

I have certain external business connections with eBay as part of my work outside of t-shirts, which gives me a lot of tools for monitoring sales and throughput there. In-depth anaysis 6 months ago, and a test run selling there, were excellent, which showed a very healthy business model (we sold our entire 3 figure test run in two weeks, and above price aims).

However, over the last few weeks, this picture has changed, and drastically. Sell-through rates in the t-shirt market, and sell prices, have plummeted.

I'm now a little scared about our business model which was healthy and rosey 6 months ago....

Ekkk....

Someone hold my hand, I'm scared.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aokusman said:
I put my first shirt on ebay and sold it at a $14 profit, after paying all ebay and paypal fees, cost of shirt etc
Yes, we made about $15 profit per shirt with a test run of a few hundred a few months ago, and they sold very, very quickly with Buy it Now.

I think I've discovered the source of the problem on eBay UK. Several of the major players are a few hundred feedbacks from 10,000. They've cut prices dramatically, and many have follwed suit, in order I guess to hit that 10,000 mark.

Hopefully just a blip.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. Call me picky, but I wouldn't buy a great t on eBay that was $5. I'd presume it was some cheap baggy thing, and probably badly printed. If the same one was $15, I would be cautious, as always on eBay, but far more confident to buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.