T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I have been surfing these forums for about three days and I love this website! This is my first post here so bear with me please.

I have a logo for my business. It has been around for quite a whuile but I have recently been interested in starting a T-Shirt business. I am a Photoshop fanatic, currently using CS3, and I would love to put my designs on shirts.

Could someone please tell me the easiest way to transfer this image to a shirt. I have been reading a lot but I think someone could probably make it much clearer. Please don't pay any attention to the shadow. I will not be transferring that.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I forgot to mention the color of the shirts. I would like to print them on black T-Shirts. I know printing white text is different. If anyone could let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, the next easiest step would be opaque transfers. But you would have to cut around the circle. It's been a while for me, but Ironall for Darks has always worked pretty good. It keeps it's color well and stretches with the fabric.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hello to everyone. I have been surfing these forums for about three days and I love this website! This is my first post here so bear with me please.

I have a logo for my business. It has been around for quite a whuile but I have recently been interested in starting a T-Shirt business. I am a Photoshop fanatic, currently using CS3, and I would love to put my designs on shirts.

Could someone please tell me the easiest way to transfer this image to a shirt. I have been reading a lot but I think someone could probably make it much clearer. Please don't pay any attention to the shadow. I will not be transferring that.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
What type of equipment do you have or are you looking to purchase?

Do you want to do the printing yourself, or are you OK with outsourcing some or all of it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of equipment do you have or are you looking to purchase?

Do you want to do the printing yourself, or are you OK with outsourcing some or all of it?
Well, I would like to print the design myself. At the moment I am doing all of the research and plan to buy equipment once I am comfortable with the direction I want to take.

I will have a heat press and printers. I currently have Photoshop CS3, of which i am well versed, and Autodeask suite (Maya, 3dsmax, Mudbox, Sketchbook, motionbuilder), although I am not sure those programs will do that much for me with shirts. I have designed with photoshop for quite a while now.

I have ordered some samples (JetPro Soft stretch and Koncert T's) and I am looking into a used heat press to start.

I would rather print myself instead of outsourcing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would use layerd vinyl. Inexpensive option for any color shirt. And does'nt fade. Just a thought. Mike
Thanks Mike. In order to do that i would need a vinyl cutter correct? Sorry, I have read up on screen printing and heat transfers but I know nothing at all about vinyl.

Is this a preferred method for printing white letters on dark colored shirts?

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yes, you would need a cutter, or out source the vinyl to be cut and then layer and apply with your heat press. Post the job in the referal section on this forum. I've used this, inexpensive and easy. Vinyl is my perfered method of putting text on dark shirts. Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you would need a cutter, or out source the vinyl to be cut and then layer and apply with your heat press. Post the job in the referal section on this forum. I've used this, inexpensive and easy. Vinyl is my perfered method of putting text on dark shirts. Mike
Thanks a lot for your help Mike!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't say that heat applied vinyl is the PREFERRED method to apply text to dark shirts as a generic statement. I would say it is an EASY method, which was your criteria.

Even easier, set up an account with Transfer Express, have them print the transfers for you, and you heat apply them yourself. They can create plastisol, or other types, of transfers and you won't have to buy new equipment. This is one of the cheapest way to do it without buying equipment.

Now if you are looking to buy equipment you could get an affordable (it's all relative) vinyl cutter and do this yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This site is great! i have never seen a site with people so willing to help you out. Again, I really appreciate everyone commenting and helping out. i have gotten some great information. THANKS!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts