Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The DTG Battle Royale is Here!

(Deadline extended...more info here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-battle-royale/t145500.html)

What:
A fun contest that let's DTG owners battle it out to see who can get the best results from their machine.

Who will be the DTG Battle Royale Champion?

Who:
You, the DTG operator is eligible to enter. No entries from manufacturers or their distributors will be accepted.

When:
The entry period is from now until [strike]February 28, 2011[/strike] Deadline extended to March 31, 2011!

How:
All entrants will print the same images on the front and back of the same brand/style/color blank t-shirt (AA 2001 in BLACK) and submit their best entry in to be judged.

Interested? Fill out the entry form here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/process/view.php?id=11

Prizes:
Besides bragging rights for a year, you'll also receive...

Free 1 Year Affiliate Level Subscription to DecoNetwork. Value: $1,188!

DecoNetwork is an online t-shirt designer and storefront solution for custom t-shirt printing businesses.

1 Year Preferred Printer Listing at PrinterListings.com. Value: $199

PrinterListings is an online business directory of custom t-shirt printing businesses.

$500 USD Cash - UPDATED
(payable via check, PayPal, or Amazon Gift Card)

Super Cool Mystery Prize (to be announced :))

EACH PERSON THAT MAILS IN THEIR ENTRY WILL ALSO RECEIVE A FREE GLITZ UP RHINESTONE APPLICATOR FROM ALL AMERICAN. More info here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-battle-royale/t145500.html

JUDGING:

Entries will be judged based on 5 factors:

First Impressions - is the print "display ready" without pretreat stains and heat press squares

Sharpness of detail in the print

Softness of hand on the print

Print accuracy - (registration, trapping, no banding, even ink distribution)

Washability - how does the print hold up after the initial wash?

The front design was picked as an image because it was originally done as a screen printed design, so I'll have something physically printed to compare it to. The back design was picked because it was a cool design put together by James from Freelance Fridge :)

I will photograph the entries and post them to the forum so that they can be voted on anonymously by the T-ShirtForums community.

I'll take into account both my own findings from seeing the t-shirts first and and the votes from the community to declare the final winner.

See the poster, download the entry files and view how to enter here:

DTG BATTLE ROYALE - Direct to Garment Printing Showdown

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
dang it.. I take back my submission about pretreat squares.

This is awesome.. can't wait to see the results.
LOL...I knew he was up to something.:)

I expect to take last place but I'm in, I'm sure someone with a 782 will have the best print quality but maybe we can kill them off with the higher detail of our Epson based printers.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Man................. of course you would have this contest after I sold my machine lol. Just kidding, I cannot wait to see the results. I have a couple people I am betting on :D

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
awesome cartoon of the two robot machines fighting! :D

that would have been a good design for the challenge. nice bright red and blues. Hard to achieve those with CMYK. Because one of the key selling points with DTG is full color images, it would have been nice to see a design for the challenge with allot of colors, bright and vivid, that would be a good challenge.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
awesome cartoon of the two robot machines fighting! :D

that would have been a good design for the challenge. nice bright red and blues. Hard to achieve those with CMYK. Because one of the key selling points with DTG is full color images, it would have been nice to see a design for the challenge with allot of colors, bright and vivid, that would be a good challenge.

Shhhhhs! don't give him anymore ideas...LOL! :)

Next he'll be throwing in glitter and rhinestones....hey heck of a idea!:)

Merry Christmas Pixelpimp.(how's the blog going?)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That design is included in the challenge :) The full poster (with the robots on it) has to be printed on the back on the t-shirt :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Although it is not specified in the judging criteria specifically, is color a criteria? Will a color key be made available if yes? Color is going to be a tough one if it is based on how a user sees it on the monitor. Two popular monitors (Dell and Samsung) display the image completely differently since monitor A very cool (bluish) and monitor B is more warm (yellow/red).

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although it is not specified in the judging criteria specifically, is color a criteria? Will a color key be made available if yes? Color is going to be a tough one if it is based on how a user sees it on the monitor. Two popular monitors (Dell and Samsung) display the image completely differently since monitor A very cool (bluish) and monitor B is more warm (yellow/red).
Yes, I think color accuracy would fall under print accuracy.

What do you mean by a color key?

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.