T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by my business consultant that going through an online company like The Company Corporation would be the best way to go abouts filing. You can do it through the state but should really have it read over by a lawyer and that can get expensive, when done on the online company they make sure everything is in order and offer a guarantee. So for and extra $150 you are all set.

Have any of you used any companies like this or even this one, how did you like it? And if so what do you guys think of their packages? Which would you choose?

http://www.corporate.com/formationPackages.jsp

·
2,957 Posts
Did it myself.

It wasn't hard at all. They may be state dependent, though. But, here in TN it was fairly simple.

I had a meeting with the Board of Directors. We elected officers. Went over all of the tax implications, and the necessary filings, then filed the paperwork with the state.

Just a couple of forms and a $100 filing fee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey J,

I have used The Company Corporation in the past for 2 businesses I have and was very happy with the service. They are extremely fast and had great customer service. I have also used a lawyer in the past and feel it was a big waste of money. That being said if you have partners, especially any you don't know very well, then a lawyer may be the way to go. Better safe then sorry.

Good luck,

Markus

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no partners just me. I just needed to get the name secured basically and have a starting point for my business advisor to go off from.

Thanks though. I filled with them. It was simple, we will see how the rest goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts