T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ghetto-ness of my booth is humorous, but it does the job for now..

Veloci Jet box - FREE
Gildan box - Free
Home Depot shop light - $13
Home Depot bolts/washers to hold up light - $2
metal ruler (secret weapon to lay down fibers) - $1

Total cost = $16

v1.1 will have an upgrade to the gildan box, maybe mdf or some other material that is smoother..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The ghetto-ness of my booth is humorous, but it does the job for now..

Veloci Jet box - FREE
Gildan box - Free
Home Depot shop light - $13
Home Depot bolts/washers to hold up light - $2
metal ruler (secret weapon to lay down fibers) - $1

Total cost = $16

v1.1 will have an upgrade to the gildan box, maybe mdf or some other material that is smoother..
I'm jealous ours doesn't have the light feature....LOL! great work Chobay!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sweet. I'm thinking about making something like this. You didn't list the cost of that grayish-silverish adhesive that connects them together. How much was that and where was your source? I also am having trouble finding a velocijet box for less than $10,000... Can you tell me where the free ones can be found? :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can also build a little longer lasting box out of pine, melamine or plywood... Plexi would be nice for the T-Shirt support...

Seriously move your 'booth' way far away from that really nice lacquer chest...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. I'm thinking about making something like this. You didn't list the cost of that grayish-silverish adhesive that connects them together. How much was that and where was your source? I also am having trouble finding a velocijet box for less than $10,000... Can you tell me where the free ones can be found? :)
Oh right, I forgot the cost of the duct tape..:) You're right, I guess 'technically', that box cost me $17,000..

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pics of one that is for sale on eBay right now for $475. Doesn't say who makes it or anything. But the pics may help inspire some ideas.
That's sold by a member of this board. I would buy it but it doesn't look like the bed angle is adjustable. (I don't like the angle)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use a Spray-Tan booth / tent, with a shop fitting that holds cards to put a coathanger on. It works well to keep the pretreatments going all over everything but I need a better way to hold the t-shirt as at the moment it is just on a hanger and is very flimsy so its difficult to get an even coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts