T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone considering purchasing the Forever RIP software - let me tell you about the big RIP OFF! I purchased the software several years ago, and I can tell you that it is NOT intuitive and the documentation stinks. I am pretty technically knowledgeable, with two tech degrees, (BS & MS) and over 25 years teaching computer classes. I have been using the software for several years, and although it took me a while, I figured things out.

Well, now today I get a message that pops up that I need to purchase an additional Update plan. WHATTTTTTT??? Are they serious? I pay $600 for the software to begin with, the documentation sucks and they want me to pay for an update plan??? And oh, to be really nice, when I uploaded a new design into the software tonight, I am now getting lines across the design like I had never purchased it in the first place. And I have clients who want their product and THIS happens! I am furious!

So here is a warning - do NOT buy the Forever RIP software. Nor should you buy the Forever transfer paper... I have found the iColor has a MUCH better hand to it even though there is a steep "learning curve" to it. FOREVER is out to RIP you off, for sure - they ripped me off big time!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
For anyone considering purchasing the Forever RIP software - let me tell you about the big RIP OFF! I purchased the software several years ago, and I can tell you that it is NOT intuitive and the documentation stinks. I am pretty technically knowledgeable, with two tech degrees, (BS & MS) and over 25 years teaching computer classes. I have been using the software for several years, and although it took me a while, I figured things out.

Well, now today I get a message that pops up that I need to purchase an additional Update plan. WHATTTTTTT??? Are they serious? I pay $600 for the software to begin with, the documentation sucks and they want me to pay for an update plan??? And oh, to be really nice, when I uploaded a new design into the software tonight, I am now getting lines across the design like I had never purchased it in the first place. And I have clients who want their product and THIS happens! I am furious!

So here is a warning - do NOT buy the Forever RIP software. Nor should you buy the Forever transfer paper... I have found the iColor has a MUCH better hand to it even though there is a steep "learning curve" to it. FOREVER is out to RIP you off, for sure - they ripped me off big time!
I always thought that was a rip off when I tried the trial version. I am experienced with several flat form of graphics software, different versions of Photoshop, CorelDRAW, PhotoPaint etc., but the rip software was greek to me. Like you I struggled with it. I finally figured it out after spending hours of trial and error.

I can do pretty much the same thing in Photoshop, PhotoPaint and CorelDRAW. I read users saying the screen rasterized image did not improve the hand. It still had paper or raincoat feel. The rip puts unwanted white outlines.

A big thank you for speaking out. But you know what? Even with all the negative publicity about it users are still getting suckered by manufacturer and vendors.

BTW I can rasterize full color image in Photoshop and print single pass printing with CMYK printer with alternate k toner/drum set filled white toner. I don't have to use CMYW printer or TransferRip to do all that. My printer is an obsolete C5200Ne that is at least 27 years old.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Maybe you have your software update.
Uninstall Forever RIP software and install it again. never update him.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have purchased, not paid for the update, had no problems and am quite pleased with the results we are putting out. Agreed, the documentation is lacking, but once you get help online and have a few issues, it is good. David, are there any noteworthy updates since April?
ps I do agree, obviously, that a person shouldn't have to pay 600 for the software and then ,pretty much, a yearly $120 fee.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.