T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone,

I have been making rhinestone t-shirts with roland R-wear Studio for a few months, but have found that I have already out grown it, as my designs, use multilayers and variable size, rhinestones.

My question to the forum is, can anyone advise me on what rhinestone software would allow me to use different size stones in the design, produce seperate layers, vectorise bitmaps and produce rhinestone friendly fonts?

I have been told that Signlab/Cadlink have a product called "Oobling" that can do all the things I require, but I cannot find any forums, video tutorials or reviews on the software. Are there any members who use this product, have any opinions or even know of a better product which I could purchase? (live in the Uk).

The rhinestone software market seems very vague and finding decent software for the roland gx24, difficult.

It would be very much appreciated, if anyone could guide me, on my rhinestone decoration journey, as I have lost my way a little.

Many thanks to all.:D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If CADLink makes it, then it should be virtually identical to KNK and ACS Studio which I sell and support. We cannot provide the driver for the Roland, however, you can watch my videos to get an idea of how the rhinestone designing works. The software also vectorizes and you can assign images to layers, just as you describe above.

I don't typically use layers because it's so easy to simply select by color in our software. However, I do have a video that shows how to use the layer function here:

Using the Layers Palette

Let me know if you have other questions about the software. Before ordering Oobling, however, I suggest trying to get a features list just to make sure it has the same functionality as our version of their software. CADLink produces many variations depending on how much a company is willing to pay for their product. For example, Graphtec has a version called IDesignR and IDesignR Lite that are also similar to our package, but contain far fewer design features.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone,
Does anyone actually use oobling pro rhinestone software. I have seen it at the trade shows, but it is not advertised on the cadlink or signlab websites. There also seems to be no tutorials or manuals for this software, which i find very strange. Only a pdf brochure which gives a brief outline of the product. Can anybody help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.