T-Shirt Forums banner

the best paper to get

7K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Rodney 
#1 ·
what is absolutely hands down, the best heat transfer paper to get?
the best light paper.
and the best opaque paper to get.
i need good results, that won't peel or crack

#5 ·
Are both type of these transfers only for printing on a home printer (I have a Epson R800)? If yes, is the end result high enough quality that you can sell the shirt in (high end) stores?

My dilemma seems to be if I should have custom transfers made or print them myself, but if I print them myself.

I want to make sure there are no loss of quality.

#11 ·
Yup, I've been playing around with IronAll for the past few weeks, and the hand (after 1 washing) is zero. There is a slight fading after the 1st wash, but not much. The only issue I have is that you can see the outline of where you cut, even after several washes. With a few of the others I've used, you can't see the outline at all on white shirts. However, those brands have a more rough hand, and tend to crack a bit over time.

Has anyone else experienced (border showing) this with IronAll? If so, do you have a work-around? It's great stuff with the exception of the slight border issue.

Twinge said:
What I've heard is generally this: IronAll is harder to use, but has a very soft hand. Magic Jet/TJII is easy to use and has brighter colors, but doesn't have as soft of a hand (feel) to it.

#12 ·
iron all is good, but not after the first wash. it may be soft and all, but im going towards another brand. besides they sent me a couple cracked up transfers that i couldnt use. I called several times, they promised they send some new ones, but never did. i think they operate at home, cuz i heard babies crying when i called. how un professional. im not ordering from them again. Maybe other people have better service or better outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.