T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Easiest would be to hire someone to do it. :p

If you just want easy, use your inkjet printer to print on JPSS and press it on a white shirt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll I know nothings easy in life but making things more simple with still a good quality after 20washs. Does anyone custom make digital print there shirts? How is the quality? Is it easier then screen printing? What software do they use on the computer to make designs and logos?:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Generally speaking, direct to garment printing can produce a very high quality and durable print. We advise our customers at GreatApparelForYou.com to turn the shirts inside-out and wash them in cold water. That's nothing new, though, as it's the same advice for screen-printing.

DTG printing does pose certain challenges, such as printing on dark garments. Generally, we've been successful using a pre-treat, very high dpi photoshop images, and an underbase.

It takes diligence, experimentation, and patience, but with a little effort, digital printing can produce a very high quality result and it can be profitable.

·
Registered
359 Posts
One more thing...of course, two other considerations are:

1) colors - the more colors, the more economical to print dtg shirts
2) quantity - for one color prints, our break-even quantity tends to be around 12 screen-printed shirts.

Keep in mind gradients are easier with dtg than a screen, so if you're printing images or pictures, you're better off with direct-to-garment printing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Printing gradients like a gradual rainbow, for instance, are easier with DTG printing. DTG printing more-or-less prints like an inkjet printer, and can easily print them. I believe it can also be done with sublimation, but we don't use that technology. Anyway, it's also a function of economics. If you print 10 colors, you need 10 screens or 1 DTG application.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i know what you were trying to say i just thought the comment of:

Keep in mind you can't really print gradients with a screen

was funny ... you screen print gradients every day

"""""you screen & dtg right""""" is so answer me this if it was you design and it could be done either way and cost was not an issue what method would you use?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your comment, but if cost wasn't an issue, nor capacity, nor production time, I guess screen printing because it's more predictable and durable. We just haven't had much success with that type of design, and given the set-up and one-off nature of our business, we would normally differ to direct to garment printing. I guess it's more aligned with our business model, so if I made an assumption, I am sorry to ill-advise.

·
Registered
841 Posts
One more thing...of course, two other considerations are:

Keep in mind you can't really print gradients with a screen, so if you're printing images or pictures, you're better off with direct-to-garment printing.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about? We print gradients all the time with screen printing. CYMK, simulated process, and just plain old gradients in a 1 spot color job. Make sure if you are making statements that they are true.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My apologies. As I said to StandardGraphics, screening is better, but there are a lot more variables involved to make it an economical print. My point of view as mentioned above is based on my company's normal fulfillment model of one-offs. It's ALWAYS better to screen print if the quantity/economics are there. Fair?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts