T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my best to find this question addressed previously. I apologize if it has. Also, I'm not sure if this will turn out to be a Corel question or an AccuRip question:

I am creating a design in CorelDraw X7. It consists of text and a few graphic elements placed on top of what i want to be a white oval that will act as an underbase. When i send this through AccuRip to print preview, the text shows up as a "cookie cutter" meaning that the text will be cut out of the solid white background. How do i control this? The design will also contain a graphic element that i want to have cut out allowing the shirt color to come through. I figured out how to do that and everything appears fine on the screen. It's only in the print preview that all elements appear as cookie cutter. I assume this is a simple fix but i can't figure it out. Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No. I am able to select each piece of text independently. I just tried moving the text to back of page. This created a solid circle in the print preview but then the next two pages of the preview that should be showing my text (two colors) are showing up blank. I also made sure that the text was not outlined.

· Registered
158 Posts
Have you tried to look at the design in Draw using the wireframe option instead of normal? This will frequently show some issues that are not readily apparent looking at the design using a normal view. Hope this helps, Dane.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
don't use corel but as someone mentioned above you should always design separate elements on separate layers. the window in accurip shows the oval with the text cut out of it? the oval will be printed one color and the text another? if so it's doing it's job by knocking out that text layer for that color. then the next color film should show the text without the oval correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.