T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was using polyprint textjet shortee successfully in pre-covid era. Then came covid and not only did I have to shut down, the dealer in my part of the world shut down as well. Anyways, recently (after two years), I decided to fire up the machine and get it back in business. I replaced following parts of my printer:

1. Printhead,
2. Ink assembly,
3. Cartridges,
4. Capping station assembly

Now, having no dealer in my area, I'd to install all parts myself. I did & then started the machine only to see print head case banging itself against right wall with force & the yellow strip which moves printhead rotating fast and screaming. After that printer gave error on top display "Printer error. Turn off and on again. See documentation". The lower panel gave error 020 after a couple of minutes.

Can anyone help what could have gone wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shame, on my Echo 2 there was this film like-strip running from left to right along with the head. Could it be this is dirty or damaged?

Else, the polyprint team is also in these forums. Hope they reach out to you soon.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello,

we can make a video call to check it out but most likely, as Bollenstein said, most likely the transparent strip is either not in place or very dirty. Did you remove it behind the carriage during the service? if not just use isopropyl alcohol and clean it very well, especially on the part on top of the carriage.

Please also check that all cables that goes to the mainboard are connected properly, especially the head cables. Check those when power cable is off, to prevent any damage while removing the harness.

If you wish to arrange a video call, please fill your details in the support form below: Support | POLYPRINT (polyprintdtg.com)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE:

I was able to assemble the printer parts and by replacing the strip, I was able to resolve the head banging issue as well. Now, the printer starts up properly and reaches the main screen.

I put inks in cartridges & performed ink charge (cartridges, ink system, head & capping station are all new). The printer did one ink charge using poly print tool however, no ink flowed through pipes as I could see. I did a head clean and then tried to print a small design. Printer completed the print job but there was no ink sprayed.

I then checked cartridges for vacuum and ensured that there was no air in chamber. then I inserted the cartridges and tried to perform another ink charge but got the message "Install the cartridges that came with printer". It doesn't proceed beyond that. If I pull out and put back all cartridges, it again goes to main page and doesn't do ink charge.

Any solution?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello Printace,

If the ink lines are completely empty after the ink charge then the head doesn't seal properly to the capping station.

Start please with reassembling everyhting on the head carriage making sure the screws are tight.
Then if the capping station is new, please soak it at cleaning solution for 10 min, to soften the rubbers and therefore allow it to seal easier on the head surface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Printace,

If the ink lines are completely empty after the ink charge then the head doesn't seal properly to the capping station.

Start please with reassembling everyhting on the head carriage making sure the screws are tight.
Then if the capping station is new, please soak it at cleaning solution for 10 min, to soften the rubbers and therefore allow it to seal easier on the head surface.
I just did as you advised. However, now when I start ink charge process through Polyprint Tool, I get following message on my printer.

After this, I remove cartridges & insert again. The red cross signs disappear. But printer goes back to standby position and "Load Guide" screen comes back. Then when I give Ink charge command again, same thing happens.

Gadget Font Flat panel display Display device Technology

1 - 11 of 11 Posts