T-Shirt Forums banner
101 - 120 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
On 100% polyester (white specifically) I used the same laydown as a Tshirt. Some experimenting will still be needed. However, any stains or discoloration due to PT on 100% polyester can be overcome ( I will post more on this on our website after I try it in Ft Worth).

·
Registered
731 Posts
This new formulation is actually fine for cotton or polyester. No real difference. And washabity so far with the Dark Formula on 1000% poly is as good or better than the tshirts.

Again, we are still testing to find good, starting guidelines for people.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ordered 2 gallons of Image Armor Monday morning and received it on Tuesday! Very fast shipping and I cannot wait to finally use this on my new dtg machine Friday. I have the Viper One ready to go as well. Friday is going to be my first day but very long day and saturday as well too but I am excited! I will post results using Image Armor when I do the prints.

I guess I am extremely lucky to start direct to garment printing at the same time of the Image Armor Pretreat release! : )

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have been playing with my first gallon for about 2 weeks and love it. Can i use the Dupont to kill weeds around my shop?
My real question is where I should start with settings on my Viper one. I realize were putting alot more pretreat down with the new stuff and I am OK with that, but can the viper realiably put that down without too much waste?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the response Brian... I dont get my PT till Tuesday but great to hear you cant really overdo it. Leaves the door wide open now to being able to print on customer stock with all the right precautions of course.

Wondering.. To dry the pretreat 330F for 30secs. at 20grams, the shirt would still be kind of wet no? I ask cuz I currently do my shirts at 345F for 30secs. at (7 turns) 11 grams and I press it for an addition 5 secs since it still feels slightly damp. The shirts should be completely dry before printing? Im trying to do my best at forgetting everything I currently know. haha

Lastly I know you said there is slight discoloration for the lighter colors like red. I never had an issue with discoloration cuz I always hover about 30-45 secs before pressing on light shirts. Not sure if you guys have tried that and still get the discoloration or would you not recommend hovering with this PT since its not fully pressing heat right away?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
One thing I notice is, don't cure to high. With DuPont I used to do 340 so when I dried shirt I didn't have to change temp. I know brisk recommended 330 so I tried both and seemed to have a little better feel and better hold when did at 330. This was a very small test so my results could be off

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been doing dtg completely self-taught for a little over two months now. (But not my first rodeo.) I've printed nearly 400 shirts that were sold and about 25 duds. I got a gallon of IA last week and (not by choice) had to use a spray bottle to apply it to 40 Gildans. Gildan is still awful, but this stuff even made them look good! I'm hooked, this stuff is fabulous!

I also met Brian today at ISS, great guy...he even helped me find a deal on a Viper One and mentioned a new shirt brand to check out. It's not often I find a good product and a good company rep/owner (usually one or the other), but both are true in this case. Bonus points for an Ohio boy wearing a hat and boots and not looking like a drugstore cowboy.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Saw Brian again today, I'm glad to see a small business owner with so much passion and commitment for his products. (I have 10 years of background in small business assistance, I've seen a lot of good and bad.)

Thanks. I guess I'll take that as a compliment.........drug store cowboy? ;)
Given my company name, more like a rhinestone cowboy. :) or maybe a young crocodile Dundee. But you're smart enough not to get into the "that's not a knife, this is a knife" argument in Texas...smart, very smart.

Friends, Romulans, Countrymen...try Image Armor out. You've got nothing to lose with the special pricing until October, except for late nights and headaches. If anyone wants to do a group buy, Brian said I could get it by the rail car (joke...but Brian, FYI, I've got a rail spur near my house).

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
There is a white/light shirt version. We are testing now, works great! I do not know if Brian has it ready to sell. I would not use the dark on light shirts, even diluted. You could end up with some discoloration when exposed to UV light, (sun). The light is a different formulation not just a watered down dark formula.

Reactions: TheSwanx
101 - 120 of 694 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.