T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 60 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Eric-

I agree with you on the gildan for dtg, we use them totally for heat press & transfers and they work great. Please dont misunderstand my wanting to know this as we dont plan on using gildan day in and day out for dtg, it just you seem to get caught without a size and/or color on short notice and need a filler shirt. If the image armor helps the gildan some then it could be a back up at last resort, if not then just tell the customer we are out of that size/color rather than put out a lesser qualitity product.

Thanks for all the information you post.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Jeff..I have been told that there is going to be an introductory price till the end of October but I have not been told what that actual price is. I have however been told that it will be very competitive to Dupont's pricing from AA.

I went to the Print13 show yesterday to check out the new Epson printer and I took a black and red shirt that had been pretreated with the new Image Armor and they printed really good considering the amount I put on was a shot in the dark since nobody had ever used it with Epson's ink set yet. Even better results would be seen with a little testing using their new ink. You can read more the new printer and see pics of the print here:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-garment-dtg-inkjet-printing/t229469-8.html#post1367129

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What is the price point on this stuff? Viper's regular dark shirt pretreat is already more expensive than the dupont pt that All American sells. I am assuming this will be an even higher price..?
I expect the intro price to be close to AA, everyday price higher than AA but less than most other suppliers, guess we see on 13th.
I suggest trying some on the intro and see how it works. No returns due to wash could be priceless. Ok well worth it anyway.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I certainly agree with that Randy. Peace of mind is always a beautiful thing and probably priceless. There are certain brands of shirt that I wouldn't care about using it on since I confident enough, but others like random hoodies, tanks, and some tees with inconsistencies that that I would definitely stick with it (if forgivingness of wash results are as good as the reviews).

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
I expect the intro price to be close to AA, everyday price higher than AA but less than most other suppliers, guess we see on 13th.
I suggest trying some on the intro and see how it works. No returns due to wash could be priceless. Ok well worth it anyway.
I use this philosophy all the time. I am a firm believer that in 98% of the time you get what you pay for. I use a more expensive shirt than most to get better print results so whats a few penny's more per shirt if the wash results warrant it.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Talked to the Image Armor folks, sounds like a huge success for the opening day of a great new product. This next year will represent a great leap forward for DTG printing. New pretreat, new printer from Epson and I suspect a few other awesome printers to be released by some of the big players in DTG. For now a near bullet proof pretreat is good for everyone, no matter what printer they use!

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Talked to the Image Armor folks, sounds like a huge success for the opening day of a great new product. This next year will represent a great leap forward for DTG printing. New pretreat, new printer from Epson and I suspect a few other awesome printers to be released by some of the big players in DTG. For now a near bullet proof pretreat is good for everyone, no matter what printer they use!
That's great news for the guys at Image Armor for sure!! $55 a gallon is great news for anyone who wants to give it a try.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Eric, wanted to check in and see if you had done further wash tests on the garments you did with the new PT that contained poly in them, and the 100% poly shirt? If so how are they holding up? Do you think this pre treat will make DTG a viable option to print on shirts with white ink that has poly in them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Ok guys, went to a little extra effort for comparison of Dupont vs Image Armor. The pic below show a shirt that has been pretreated left 2/3 Dupont and right 1/3 Image Armour, MOL. It was printed on a Gildan 2000 shirt, a shirt that I do not like for DTG but was testing to see how it would do. The shirt is pretreated at the same amount per sq inch per product. This is equal to about an 18-20 gram load for an 14x16 inch area. Shirt was dried with the pretreat at 335 deg for 60 seconds and dry. The graphic was printed with a NeoFlex high res mode and the Graphic is a Great Dane stock graphic. Print was cured for 180 sec at 345 degrees med pressure with 2 90 sec splits, releasing steam in between. Ink is Dupont AA carts for NeoFlex.
By putting on the same shirt at same time this elimates many varibles that can affect the print. Same machine, same ink batch, same humidity, same heat press, same temps and pressures. Both new unopened pretreats.
The left is 2/3 and right 1/3 just due to position of template used for pretreat and print on shirt, yes I would have preferred 1/2 and 1/2. These pics are before wash and after 5 hard washes, Normal cycle with jeans, towels etc. No cold water tumble dry. The real deal just like your customer will do regardless of the wash instructions you will give him. Each was 1hour 24 minutes, normal dry cycle.
Check out the red stripe, left vs right side in both before and after wash pic, dupont left, Image Armor right.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I concur :) Night and day in regard to the life span of the printed garment, they really have something special! I think any one not using this stuff is doing there company and customers a serious injustice when there is a good product to be had! Simple wash tests will prove this and I imagine this pretreat is going to take nearly all the market share in the coming year. Its a serious advancement to the industry not even mentioning its poly capability! kudos to Viper/image armor, lots of printers will be loving these guys soon!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Never know till you try.
I have read throughout this entire forum, and I must say your posts specifically and others have truly helped me. I am more than convinced this new pretreat is the way to go... I believe I will be placing an order sometime today so that I can receive shipment this week.

I am new to DTG and just recently purchased a Viper One. I have not attempted pretreating shirts yet, but I believe this will make the learning curve a lot easier!

Specifically Eric, I will be using American Apparel 2001 shirts for my main clothing line. I ask what color shirts did you use in your tests that surpassed 30 washes? I am looking to see what amount of grams I can use for black, turquoise, slate, and purple shirts. I see that your range seems to be around 18-22 grams. I just want to be sure before I run some tests before shipping to my customers.

Also, did you wash on cold water delicate? That is what I wash all my clothes on in general to preserve shirts and clothes in general for many years.

Help from experienced DTG experts to a newbie like me is greatly appreciated! I cannot wait to start everything soon! Thanks in advance!

41 - 60 of 694 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.