T-Shirt Forums banner
281 - 300 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
So you have tried Kraft paper? I had the same issues with fibers at first since I was using a finely textured Teflon sheet and then some quilon and silicon sheets. They all stuck a bit and lifted fibers a bit. Kraft does not stick at all. Maybe also because I stopped using heavy pressure with pretreat. I use 20 psi for everything now. IMO heavy pressure on the pretreat only causes the paper to stick more and causes more "shiny box" results.
Hi, do you know where can i get Kraft paper?

·
Registered
270 Posts
So you have tried Kraft paper? I had the same issues with fibers at first since I was using a finely textured Teflon sheet and then some quilon and silicon sheets. They all stuck a bit and lifted fibers a bit. Kraft does not stick at all. Maybe also because I stopped using heavy pressure with pretreat. I use 20 psi for everything now. IMO heavy pressure on the pretreat only causes the paper to stick more and causes more "shiny box" results.
I am going to purchase kraft paper to test today finally. What do you use for curing then? Do you use the kraft paper for this as well? If not what paper? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Sorry we didn't get to go out with you guys on the last night of the show - thanks for dinner and drinks at Bahama Breeze earlier in the week!

We were in the convention center till 2AM tearing down the booth and prepping the Aeoon for shipping to its new owner!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Brian,

It was a pleasure talking to you last week on SGIA Orlando. Thanks for the sample IA pretreatment liquid.

I have a question: Is the LIGHT SHIRT FORMULA available?

On your IA and direct2shirt websites there are two contradictory statements:

1.) "... We did absolutely nothing different in the printing process with this print. As you can see in the image below that the left side was NOT pretreated while the right side was pretreated with Image Armor Dark Shirt Formula."

(The article is talking about white poly shirt, printed with GT-541)

2.) "... Image Armor Dark Shirt Formula is a white ink Direct to Garment pretreatment that improves wash ability of DTG prints. For use ONLY on dark colored garments, Image Armor Dark will improve washings up to 50% or more over other leading pretreatment brands."

(This text is from the direct2shirt website.)

-------------------------------------------------
  • Which statement is true?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Huh? What are you talking about?
The Dihydrogen Monoxide! it's the major component of cancer cells, don't ya know.

Somebody read my first post in this thread and then stopped before the reveal that it was a joke.

·
Registered
731 Posts
No. The Light Shirt Formula is not currently available. No plans on the release. I'm not happy yet. If I wouldn't use it, then it does not leave the dungeon.

1) in that image the print was done on a 100% polyester Sport-trek shirt, white, and printed with Brother ink. Same Dark Shirt Formula. On the 100% white poly it works phenomenal with Brother inks. DuPont ink set needs to be reduced on the coverage to avoid bleeding (I have not tried production mode to see if that helps).

2). If it is darker than white, give it a try. Some shirts do better than others. We've done light pinks and lime ( see website under Educational articles) that have not seen much if any discoloration. There's a reaction going on usually with the "crap" left over in the shirts that causes the issues everyone sees with discoloration.

We are hard at work trying and wasting a lot of white ink and time to find the best mixtures for every situation.

At the show, it seemed like everyone had forgotten we've improved what is out there. It was then like, "oh, that's nice....now give us white ink on black polyester."

We are trying....... To please everyone. Actually, just please myself. This would be another hurdle/don't tell me it can't do this type of achievement. ;)

As soon as we have something, my dungeon will test it, and then the world will know.....

Today, yes today, a new mixture popped into my head as we slept last night. And this morning, after much coffee, it shall be tested. As long as there are no explosions (again), maybe, just maybe........

In other words. When we are confident, we will let everyone know.

281 - 300 of 694 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.