T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Image armore rocks, testing on poly, like Brian said not a magic bullet. Still need to pay attention when pretreating and drying. Yes you can add more and it still be fine, but if not paying attention with drying and dry to long or not hot enough or to hot, print still won't be as good as it is capable to image armor and print. We still want to achieve soft had, and good wash and solid print. Still use a good brush, pay attention to moisture, and dry cure accordingly and (use a Neoflex lol) and you will get best possible print that you can.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
One thing I notice is, don't cure to high. With DuPont I used to do 340 so when I dried shirt I didn't have to change temp. I know brisk recommended 330 so I tried both and seemed to have a little better feel and better hold when did at 330. This was a very small test so my results could be off

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Gildan owns anvil, so that's why maybe seeing same problems.

Yes make sure temperature is correct, don't press to long on initial press I like to go 10 seconds.than 30 seconds than increments of 10 if need be. This stuff works great

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I brush every shirt I do whether small or big runs. Yes if it's a better tee such American apparel, brushing not as important but I still do, this allows having to use less ink and softer feel,by not brushing ultimately you would need more underbase to make sure not no pop throughs. I only want happy clients so I spend the extra 5 seconds a shirt.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
German bad link,

Using image armor has been sweet. Ivan now have my secretary pretreat when I'm to busy, and not were about stains or crystallization on shirts.

I like to do 2 sprays instead of just one strong spray on viper. Since image armor allows you to use more and increase wash ability why not to 2sprays this I think gets a better coverage. So far image armor is a A+ in my book

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What is your average for number of turns on the viper one with two sprays of IA?
I only do this with image armor not DuPont, 6 turns twice, I actually brush after first spray and than spray again. Yes little longer but with my production setup it flows smooth

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Gerald did you weigh the shirt with two passes of six turns? If so what was the results? Why did you do it this way? I'm putting down around 20 grams with a single pass and it is quite wet on my LAT shirts but Keya soak it up. Good print results on both though with same amount of pt.
This was on a heavier style shirt, Premium garments I do 10 turns twice. I'm practicing. This method because it allows me to brush after first turn than lay down next layer without disturbing pretreat before dry. My thoughts are I love to brush but who says at times we don't push it to hard or Maybe something on brush that pokes shirt or grabs pretreat instead of push.this is me wanting to make perfect prints. This allows and perfect smooth service for pretreat to lay and also I believe that fibers will stay flat longer after washes since they are flat after next layer of pretreat.
If in doing production im not doing thins, but when in doing a high end shirt and don't feel Like throwing any shirts away after and 20 minute print this is what I'm trying.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've got a theory on the white dots and want feedback on this.

Is the white underbase too thick and when you cure the print perhaps the color on top is shrinking exposing the white layer underneath?

Kind of like when paint cures and it starts by skinning over on the surface while the paint underneath can still be wet?

If this make sense would a lighter coat of white help possibly?

Feel free to disagree - it's just a guess.
I was somewhat thinking the same, I know when I print in white production but high res color solids are always great but a little darker because less white, so I was thinking to reduce white by maybe 10 % and trying yes color won't be as bright but possibly a smoother image.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Can we have rocky music playing as were printing since image armor and Neoflex are going to be knocking competition out. Lol

Glad I can help be part of neo and image armor, it is really a good product can wait for it toget to pint to print 100% poly. I know you will Brian 😄

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What is everyone expirence with softness do you feel by adding more pretreat the shirt is a little rougher before wash? I have noticed when adding a crazy amount just for testing purposes the shirt was a little rough,soften up after wash though. These were basics tees not premium.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just did 29 gram (14x16) spray on soft ringspun, and image was nice and smooth, did various images as sample test and all were smooth. I did forget one shirt as drying pretreat and it was on for80 seconds straight and there were some markings left over, but whenever I do 30 secondhand 10 second Intervals no matter the amount it's beautiful.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.