T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently we outsource our designs for screen print heat press transfers. We want to "test" out the possibility of doing a few designs in house. Designs that we know we won't discontinue and will remain with us for awhile.

What is the best way to setup a quicky screenprint station to see if we 1. Like it and 2. Can do it?

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Or sign up for a basic class that offers hands on. Screen printing is work and there is a learning curve. This would help started the curve a bit.

Reactions: jen2swt

· Registered
2,013 Posts
I'd also recommend a class.

My sister did that and was able to rent out the press afterwards to print her own wedding invitations onto cotton hankies.

In 2 days, she went from knowing nothing at all, through to having a finished product.

· Registered
960 Posts
Agreed!! There is no quick way to do screen printing, and I've found that any real shortcuts make your life harder and may make you not like it at all... I've been doing it for about 2 years now as a side job and still have tons to learn...

You can "quickly" try vinyl and a heat press but not so much with screen printing

Thanks,
Jeron

· Registered
2,013 Posts
I'd disagree a little - screen printing is very logical and is also technical. If you are naturally inclined and somewhat obsessive on information collection, you can get going pretty quickly. I taught myself and am considered a high quality printer within my area.

But you have to be seriously obsessed and committed to
teach yourself. You can learn the most from hands on experience with someone who can guide you who has experience. If I had a mentor to learn off, I'm pretty sure I could have nailed this in a few days, rather than make my mistakes and have to create my own solutions or stop and have to come back on here or YouTube to move forward.

Totally doable, but with valuable hindsight, I'd take a course and hit the ground running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.