T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have all my screen printing equipment but I don't currently have money for shirts... or a website. So I was thinking of setting up a shop on Zazzle. But the problem with them is that I can't put my designs where I want them on the shirts. They only allow designs to be placed right in the middle -TOTALLY SUCKS! I want my designs the way I want them! Not every single one right in the middle!

So, should I make shirts on Zazzle and just do the boring design layout in the middle, and hopefully make a little money (!!!) -and then print myself later, or should I waaaiiittt for money and then get shirts and print them myself?

Ugh. I don't know what to do. I just see all this cool equipment in my room and I want to print cuz it's so fun! But I need to spend like $250 just for one shirt for each design that I have... (to show on my website when I get one). I just don't know how to start all this! It's driving me crazy cuz I'm on unemployment and I'm sooo bored all day and I need to make money. Ugh!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
What's more important to you... having the designs the way you want them or getting launched right away?

You should probably start with Zazzle. Get your shirts launched and see if they sell. If they do, you can use the money to print your own shirts and start your own website.

If you do choose to start by printing yourself, you don't have to print all of your designs. Just print the top 5-10. Start small, put some money into marketing, get some sales, then you expand and print more designs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
man im in a similar situation right now, and what i decided to do is print a few designs i felt would sell first. and i even incorporated my logo in the design so people would start reconizing your logo becoming more interested in your shop.
and i think off center designs helps you stand out from the crowd

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi there.

starting small or very small is the key to business, unless you have million dollars in hand...

start with zazzle first is a good idea, may be you should start your site at the same time coz it will take you time to organize your online shop and learn how to do business online...

I sent my design to zazzle, only a few sold but at least I don't have to paid a lot for that business in the mean time.

cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts