T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping the forum can help me. I looking for a template for my website. I was very unhappy with my old and out of frustration and angry. I shut it down. I know - not the smartest thing but half the time it was down anyway. It would not function, lose orders, or just mess up orders. I do not want to pay 2-3k for a website but I want one to work. I am creative and not a computer wiz. I can follow instruction but most of this computer talk is over my head. Is there any hope for me? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I shut it down. I know - not the smartest thing but half the time it was down anyway. It would not function, lose orders, or just mess up orders.
Where was your site before?

What exactly are you selling?

What do you mean exactly by a "template"?

Do you mean a shopping cart so people can place orders or a "design template" that just changes how the website looks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on network solutions.
I own a novelty screen printed sign company that specializes in dog breeds and we expanded to breed images that are printed tee shirts.
I guess I am looking for a pre-made site that I can customize. I would like to get to the point that someone can design their own tee with thier own dog images. but I do not know where to begin.

Just call me lost in the world wide web.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have a look at templatemonster.com. Their prices are fair for the great designs they offer.
Personally, I use oscommerce sites fo my biz, the core is easy to use, with a simple sraightforward admin section. Buying an osCom template at TM, you get the full installation, tips on how to install, all graphic files including photoshop editable originals etc. I have never had to use their support, but I believe it is good. The only thing you usually change in the templates is the logo/company name.
osCom offers TONS of addons. They are all free, as is the basic version (without a nice template). I'm sure there's an addon where the customer can upload a picture and add it to their order. All addons include good instructions, but you do need to have some knowledge od PHP, though the folks on the osCom forums are very helpful. I had little to no experience with PHP when I started my first osCom store, but I studied and am now able to make full sites with many capabilities.
Another great addon is the Affiliate module, which enables affiliates to sign up at your site, you assign them a percentage of each sale and they can then promote your shirts/services.
I'm sure there's many other scripts out there, but osCom offers endless possibilities. Yes, you could use the basic free design, or find a different free template, but believe me, those 50$ are a great investment for beutiful designs. Don't be scared by the 1800$ price tags, that's only if you want to buy the design for yourself and TM doesn't resell it thereafter. The best designs run around 50-70$.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you're not all that familiar with HTML and handling the mechanics of a site, you might want to consider something like a Yahoo store or one of the sites like that. They can be customized and it's not that hard to do. You do pay a fee each month, so that has to be considered, but it might be an option to pull in some orders while you work on creating your own site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts