T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jason, I just wanted to give you the heads up that I moved this post out of the forums because the best way to get pricing on your printing is to contact 2-3 different printers with the same job specs and ask them for quotes. That way you can see which quotes are competitive.

The forums aren't really intended to be a price comparison service for t-shirt printing.

More info in this thread here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t56484.html

Any questions at all, please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: An Interview with God

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I moved this thread out of the forums.

The T-shirt Forums tries to avoid overt religion or politics in order to help maintain a friendly atmosphere amongst a large group with a wide variety of beliefs. At a time like this where emotions are running hot, it is more important than ever that we keep those rules in mind. We want all members to feel comfortable being here.

It is understandable that exceptions will be made as all kinds of feelings and beliefs overflow into memorial threads, but it would be best for the community as a whole if those were contained to a small selection of threads people can choose whether or not to participate in.

In times of stress it is incumbent on us to be even more patient to the fact that not all beliefs are universal. I'm sure there can be a balance between people having the opportunity to express themselves in a way that is integral to their nature, and still maintains respect for the differing views of those around them.

For that reason, I think it's best to avoid religious or political content that isn't directly related to JB's passing - and even then to post with sensitivity to the many different readers who may be participating in this forum beyond his immediate circle of friends. It is this atmosphere of tolerance that has built a community that allowed people to become so close in the first place. It would be a further tragedy if the reactions and arguments that could potentially follow were what caused more pain.

I hope you can understand the reasoning behind this decision. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Thanks,
Lewis

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
This post was moved out of the forums because we do not allow self promotion or advertising in the forum threads.

More info here: Rules on Self Promotion and Link Dropping

--

removed url as per forum rules - feel free to add it to your signature via the forum control panel

--

:: Service request post moved to the proper Service Referrals/Recommendations section of the forum. Read more here :) ::

HTML:
[indent]:: Service request post moved to the proper [url="http://www.t-shirtforums.com/referrals-recommendations/"]Service Referrals/Recommendations[/url] section of the forum. [url="http://www.t-shirtforums.com/referrals-recommendations/t35063.html"]Read more here[/url] :) ::[/indent]
--

Hi [name], I just wanted to give you the heads up that I moved this post out of the forums. The best way to get pricing on your printing is to contact 2-3 different printers with the same job specs and ask them for quotes. That way you can see which quotes are competitive.

The forums aren't really intended to be a price comparison service for t-shirt printing.

More info in this thread here: I went to my local printer today and I want to know if this quote is right

Any questions at all, please let me or a moderator/Admin know.

Thanks.

--

Hi, welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read through the helpful information that has already been posted on the topic of copyright/trademark by using the search box at the top of the page.

These links will also get you started:

copyright related topics at T-Shirt Forums

trademark related topics at T-Shirt Forums

U.S. Copyright Office

Trademarks

--
thread to refer people to and close threads, where appropriate:

Please see this thread:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t84717.html

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CHARITY POSTS

This post was moved out of the forums because we do not allow self promotion or advertising in the forum threads. More info here: Rules on Self Promotion and Link Dropping

The same rules apply to charitable causes. There are a few reasons: it wouldn't be fair to make exceptions, if the forums allowed advertising threads it would quickly be overrun, and we aren't equipped to determine when a charity advertisement is legitimate.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I found a lawyer that is going to write a couple of articles for the forums about copyrights/trademarks.

This is a template we can use on legal questions (it could probably use some work):

Since this is a legal question, it's best that we steer clear of it. There are plenty of topics that cover copyright and trademark and using famous images in parody that you can find by using the search box at the top of the forum.

The usual recommendations apply:

- Talk to lawyer if you want to do something that you think might be illegal or have a legal question. They will be the ones that can help you and even then, you could still get sued. But at least then, if you get sued and they said it was probably "ok", then at least you have someone that can go to court for you.

- Any "ways around it" advice given in a forum could get you sued. Even if 1000 people tell you it's OK, you could still get sued and have to come up with a lawyer and defend your right to do it.

- Why do you see other people doing it? Here's a good answer that was posted here before:

Original quote by Solmu:

"The usual story:

• Some do whatever they want and wait for the cease and desist letter (and hope the company doesn't skip over it)
  • Some can afford lawyers to defend on the basis of parody, etc.
  • Some are in the process of getting sued and losing
  • Some are in the process of getting sued and winning
  • Some are just lucky and not getting caught
  • Some are just lucky and not getting caught... yet
  • Some will plan to settle out of court
  • Some are ignorant of the law and don't realise the world of hurt that is coming
  • Some are carefully staying on the right side of the legal divide
  • Some are carefully staying on the right side of the legal divide, but will be sued anyway, and unable to afford an adequate legal defense even though what they were doing was theoretically legal.
In other words, some are getting away with it, some aren't."

Endquote

For further reading, check out:

U.S. Copyright Office

Trademarks

copyright related topics at T-Shirt Forums

trademark related topics at T-Shirt Forums

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Thanks for this Rodney, I was just reading it and was thinking it would be a great one to add to the templates :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I'm handwriting a few PM's and here is what just came out in the second one. Do you like this one?

Hi Roberto,

Just a quick note to let you know that some self promotional wording or references were removed from the following post, as per forum guidelines.

The post was left completely as is, outside of the self promotional language.

For more information on self promotion guidelines, please see the info in this link: Rules on Self Promotion and Link Dropping.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thank you.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I like the second one better Kelly :) straight forward and to the point :) Good job.

Reactions: Girlzndollz

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Template for when a member gives some info, and asks for a PM to give the rest of the info:

Hi,

This is a note to let you know the post in the link provided was editted. If, for any reason, you are not able to post the information into the thread, and plan to ask the member for a PM, then please go ahead and initiate contact with that member via PM, and not in the thread.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FOR TOO MANY SALES/PRICING QUESTIONS IN A THREAD

I just wanted to put a little note here that there is alot of good information here and I think Laney has described the product offering really well. As far as asking and discussing price and future business it is better to contact them directly via email/phone or through a private message by clicking on their username, for that type of information :) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CHARITY SOLICITATIONS

This post was moved out of the forums because we do not allow self promotion or advertising in the forum threads. More info here: Rules on Self Promotion and Link Dropping

The same rules apply to charitable causes. There are a few reasons: it wouldn't be fair to make exceptions, if the forums allowed advertising threads it would quickly be overrun, and we aren't equipped to determine when a charity advertisement is legitimate.

Even though it's for a very worthy cause, it puts us in a position where we would have to allow the 100's of "we need a donation", "can you give us free t-shirts" type posts that people (non-profit customers) would like to post here.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
POLITICAL RESPONSE FROM BOBBIELEE

Hi Troy,

I just wanted to let you know this post has been moved out of the forums, as we do not allow political comments here at t-shirt forums. The reason for this, is that there are many people who have different views, and it usually leads heated comments, and is not really productive to a business forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
WHEN SOMEONE ASKS TO PM THEM FOR MORE INFO ON A SECRET CONTACT:

Hi, I just wanted to give you the heads up that I moved this post out of the forums.

If you are making a business offer (acting as a selling agent for example), then this post would fall under self promotion, and isn't permitted by the forum rules.

If you are just helping out one forum member to another, then you can post the information directly to the thread, so it can help anyone who reads it.

If for some reason you'd prefer not to post it publicly (it's private contact information that shouldn't appear in search engines for just anyone to access for example), then it would be more appropriate to contact the member directly via PM, rather than requesting they contact you in the thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Thanks.

SLIGHT VARIANT FOR OTHER SIMILAR PM REQUEST SITUATIONS

Hi, I just wanted to give you the heads up that I moved this post out of the forums.

If you are making a PM request because posting what you want to say on the forums would be self-promotion, then this post would still fall under self promotion, and isn't permitted by the forum rules.

If you are just offering to help out one forum member to another, then you can post the information directly to the thread, so it can help anyone who reads it.

If for some reason you'd prefer not to post that information publicly (it's proprietary information that shouldn't appear in search engines for just anyone to access for example), then it would be more appropriate to contact the member directly via PM, rather than requesting they contact you in the thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATED with correct links and easy copy and paste code :)

HTML:
[INDENT]:: Service request post moved to the proper [URL="http://www.t-shirtforums.com/referrals-recommendations/"]Service Referrals/Recommendations[/URL] section of the forum. [URL="http://www.t-shirtforums.com/referrals-recommendations/t35063.html"]Read more here[/URL] :) ::[/INDENT]

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
USE THE SEARCH!!!

I've moved this post out of the forums because it's not really helpful to the original poster. Most people understand that they have to search.

They may have already searched and not found anything worthwhile. If you have a link to a thread that addresses their question, it would be more helpful to post a link.

If you don't have time to answer the question, it's OK to skip those you feel are too repetitive so that others can have a chance to answer if they have helpful information to share.

I know it can be frustrating to see the same posts over and over, however, we also have to be careful not to assume anything about the people that post the questions.

Some people are new to the web, new to forums, overwhelmed with information, some people have already done dozens of searches and haven't found what they're looking for. Posting a "search and read" post can be very discouraging to someone who is trying to learn.

And I know it's not just you :) Many of us who have read lots of threads here have done it every now and again...but in general, we're trying to move away from the "use the search" type answer in favor of something more specific. Maybe a keyword tag search link or specific terms the can search for, or better yet, a link to a thread that we may remember that answers the question.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
This one is one of Solmu's for self promotion and promoting third party affiliates. Notice for infraction.

This post was edited because we do not allow self promotion or advertising in the forum threads.

Nor is misrepresenting your own site as that of a third party you recommend allowed here.

Please re-read the forum rules here: Rules on Self Promotion and Link Dropping

This warning comes with a 24-hour (i.e. temporary) no posting ban.

We value your many helpful contributions to this forum, but please abide by the rules you agreed to at signup.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WHEN PEOPLE ASK WHY MY CLEARLY INAPPROPRIATE POST WAS REMOVED (may need to edit/remix for different situations):

First, if you have a question about forum moderation please send a message to a moderator or Rodney, or post in the feedback section.

Second... why it was removed:

First and foremost, this is a professional business forum - not a joke forum.

We try and create an environment where everyone feels welcome to post and exchange information here at TSF. Screenprinting generally comes across as a real boy's club environment, and these kind of posts don't help that. Funny? Sure... to some. To others, it's just really off-putting to get these kind of responses when a perfectly serious question is asked.

It can make people feel like their legitimate questions aren't being taken seriously. It can make other members feel like their on-topic responses aren't welcome or respected.

There are very, very few female screenprinters as active members here at TSF. Yet I've met dozens in the real world.

There's all kinds of reasons that would be the case - but we don't want one of those reasons to be because they feel like this place is just a waste of time jocular boy's club, and not a place for professionals to congregate.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
REGISTERED JUST TO POST IN CLASSIFIEDS. POSTING SMALL MESSAGES

Hi there,

This post was moved out of the classifieds because it seems like you just registered for the forums for the sole purpose of trying to sell an item here.

T-ShirtForums isn't really setup to be a "marketplace" for equipment. We have the classifieds as an added benefit to members of our community who want to sell old equipment, supplies that they no longer need.

We have the 15 post minimum in place to help protect against fraud and to help members feel more comfortable doing business with another member who has contributed to the community.

The posts you've made in such a short period of time seem to be short "me too" type posts designed to quickly increase your postcount so you can gain access to the classifieds. This really goes against the spirit and reason why the classifieds are there.

There are better places to sell equipment if you need a quick sale like ebay, craigslist, DigitSmith, your local classifieds, local printers in the area.

If you would like to contribute and be a part of the community, you are more than welcome. If you are just here to sell an item, there are probably better venues for that.

A few of the "me too" posts have been removed. If you do reach 15 (non "me too") posts, please include actual photographs of the equipment you're selling in your classified ad.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MARKET RESEARCH SURVEY

I just wanted to give you the heads up that I moved this survey out of the forums.

Since the members here mostly make their own t-shirts or own their own t-shirt line, it's probably not the best place to find true "end user" opinions about the t-shirt buying process. We're a totally different breed of t-shirt buyers (for those of us who even buy t-shirts at all).

We also don't allow self promotional or advertising type posts, and with a membership of over 87,000, the forums could get pretty cluttered with market research surveys if we allowed all the members to post surveys about their business or future business plans.

You may want to try sending out the survey to your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, or your own website blog. This is also one of the advantages of building up a newsletter on your site while you're ramping up for your launch.

Any questions at all, please let me know.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts