T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a teflon sheet online, and when it arrived I practically threw it out now realizing that's what it was! I thought it was just a piece of paper!! Are they supposed to be that thin and flimsy? I guess I assumed for $10 I was getting some thicker piece of something. Did I assume wrong?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The teflon sheets are fairly thin, this allows the heat to penetrate quickly for even heating in your press.

Reactions: shawnar80

·
Registered
938 Posts
I ordered a teflon sheet online, and when it arrived I practically threw it out now realizing that's what it was! I thought it was just a piece of paper!! Are they supposed to be that thin and flimsy? I guess I assumed for $10 I was getting some thicker piece of something. Did I assume wrong?
Were you perhaps wanting a Teflon cover?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were you perhaps wanting a Teflon cover?
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I wanted! I was just told by someone that I wanted a teflon sheet, and I thought it would there would be a bit more to it than there actually was! Is this something I need to replace periodically?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
They actually can last a long time :) and yes that is what you would use to put over your transfer or vinyl when pressing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
what you probably got are the teflon ironing sheets that came in folded 2 in a package. those you can use for pressing and it also will do the same function as the professional teflon pressing sheet that are normally thicker and should not be folded. The thin sheets of ironing teflon sheet are more intended for home use while ironing flimsy clothing material.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The teflon sheets are fairly thin. Where did you buy it from ? I think it sounds like a regular teflon sheet, they should not be thick as they need to allow the heat to disperse evenly and quickly.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I think that is probably what she got, in that link they are the same price she paid.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well the ones I bought from them are pretty thick and heavy... so I'm guessing not... but then again I bought the larger size and it was 15.99

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Mine's thin and flimsy and works just dandy!

I use it for most everything (transfers, vinyl, sublimation), except for my DTG as I'm afraid I might smudge my print tossing the sheet overtop. I've been thinking about getting one of those teflon bra's for my heat press for DTG, but the pressed ink hasn't been an issue so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts