T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Just had my first order rejected by a customer (knew it was only a matter of time), because the image was not centered. It was off just enough to notice and something I should have picked up. I'm having to suck it up and redo the order for 0 profit. But setting up my press for the redo's I was lining up the screen with the off center shirt and truly had trouble getting the shirt centered. I remembered that these authentic pigment shirts last week were very tough to set up, as no matter what I did the right side was always high. I tried the shirt on and sure enough it falls great on the left side , but the right always has folds in it and seems scrunched into your armpit.
Wondering if anyone has had the same problem with those or other shirts and might I be able to get a credit back on them from my supplier after they've been printed.
Any thought would be appreciated.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey folks,
Not one reply. Do I PO someone off? I just got my reorder and these Authentic Pigments really seam to by cut wrong. I'm not having much luck feeling like they line up correct. My shirts always seem to be high on the right side.
Any thoughts from past experience.
Thanks ahead.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks,
Just had my first order rejected by a customer (knew it was only a matter of time), because the image was not centered. It was off just enough to notice and something I should have picked up. I'm having to suck it up and redo the order for 0 profit. But setting up my press for the redo's I was lining up the screen with the off center shirt and truly had trouble getting the shirt centered. I remembered that these authentic pigment shirts last week were very tough to set up, as no matter what I did the right side was always high. I tried the shirt on and sure enough it falls great on the left side , but the right always has folds in it and seems scrunched into your armpit.
Wondering if anyone has had the same problem with those or other shirts and might I be able to get a credit back on them from my supplier after they've been printed.
Any thought would be appreciated.

First thought: Be sure to get quality shirts.

I am in the process of starting a T-shirt business with my daughter-in-law. I personally learned in the years that I purchased pre-printed/transfer shirts that cheaper wasn't always better. I often found that the really "great deals" were castoffs. They would often run short and wide. Especially after washed...we wore/wear many of those shirts ourselves. Research your shirts or choose a name brand that you trust to make quality shirts.

Second thought: No, you probably won't be able to get credit for the printed shirts.

I am not aware of a company anywhere that you can alter their product, then decide that you don't like it and return it. You should be able to get credit for the unused blanks (provided you make arrangements within the company's specified time frame). You may be able to get credit for one or two test print shirts, but not a whole run.

My practice in business is to never give a customer something that I myself would not want to purchase.

I hope this helps in some way.:)

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts Sands and MrV.
Thought I was going crazy, so took some time last night trying to figure what was really going on and it finally hit me. Yes with time I could get the shirts mostly centered, but honestly the problem is the shirts.
I'm not someone who knows a lot about how they design, cut and sew shirts, but the two authentic pigment orders I've have are cut unlike any other shirt I've worked with. The stitching that goes from the sleeve to the collar on each side on all my other shirts is not the same on both sides. As you hold the shirt up in front you can see the stitching on top on the left side, but the stitching on the right side cannot be scene as it's slightly cut further behind the top of the shirt.
This has been the same on both orders and like I said, unique to this company. Maybe this is done intentionally, but it does make for a pain getting the shirt centered on the platen.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has insights about this company's cuts.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I was going crazy, so took some time last night trying to figure what was really going on and it finally hit me. Yes with time I could get the shirts mostly centered, but honestly the problem is the shirts.
I'm not someone who knows a lot about how they design, cut and sew shirts, but the two authentic pigment orders I've have are cut unlike any other shirt I've worked with. The stitching that goes from the sleeve to the collar on each side on all my other shirts is not the same on both sides. As you hold the shirt up in front you can see the stitching on top on the left side, but the stitching on the right side cannot be scene as it's slightly cut further behind the top of the shirt.
This has been the same on both orders and like I said, unique to this company. Maybe this is done intentionally, but it does make for a pain getting the shirt centered on the platen.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has insights about this company's cuts.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
634 Posts
If they are truely cut wrong, I would still attempt to return them even if they are printed. I know most suppliers have writen policies against accepting returns on printed goods, but I have found that most bend this rule if they gave you obviously faulty product.

Good luck!
Nick

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about the multiple posts. My computer is dragging right now and thought I had stopped a post as it wouldn't load. Obviously not the case. I will indeed see what my supplier will do about the shirts. Not that hopeful, but they do seem to be pretty accommodating on a lot of issues.
I'm still waiting to print the reorder, after bringing the new print to the customer, for their approval.
To be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous about filling this order, as they seem to have a difficult time communicating at a level that makes you feel that you're getting honest answers. Add to the fact that the husband says one thing and the wife something else. I have come to the conclusion that she's the bottom line, so making sure any decision runs thru her. Hopefully it works out.

· Registered
6 Posts
Lord willing and a lot of hard work and things will turn out the way they should...hopefully to your advantage in the long run. Sometimes, the most difficult of customer relations will pay off big with repeat business and word of mouth. Sometimes, some people just aren't easy to please. Sounds as if you have connected who to keep happy and that should take you far. Husbands and wives together can be difficult to deal with under any circumstance because they usually see things from different perspectives...most settle it amonst themselves, but some seem to want you to settle it. Those can be the most difficult, but if you can please them, they tend to bring more business to your door than just them.
I hope you can get good results with everything...the shirts and the order...here's wishing the best outcome for a sticky situation!

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sands,
I'm hoping for the same. I'm about 2/3 thru the reorder and it is coming out better than the last. Hopefully they'll be pleased. I am sure though that the shirts are cut wrong. Contacted my supplier and their having me send them a sample of each size. They said they would ship them to the mill to do a mill inspection and if they are off will give me a credit.
Whole process takes about 6 weeks. I'll post when I hear the outcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.