T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone know where to buy technical shirts wholesale? Technical shirts are generally made of 100% polyester. Under Armour is one example of a brand of technical gear.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
hmmm, I was just getting ready to do some research on shirts like this. I was going to try "performance t-shirts" type searches.

I haven't heard of wickidgear, but the site seems easy enough to use. I wonder if there are any other wholesale manufacturers of this type tee?

·
Registered
140 Posts
We deal with over 100 different wholesalers. It seems they are all adding the 100% poly to their lines. Not sure though if it's the popularity of the fabric, or the demand from dye subbers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StitchShoppe said:
We deal with over 100 different wholesalers. It seems they are all adding the 100% poly to their lines. Not sure though if it's the popularity of the fabric, or the demand from dye subbers.
I believe it's definitely the popularity/demand for the fabric. As a runner, and someone
who wears technical gear when I run, I wouldn't imagine going back to cotton!

So I think there's a real market for artwork/graphic/text on the technical shirts. My only deal is that I'd like to start small with little overhead. If I can find a fulfilment company who will print my artwork and drop-ship onesy/twosey orders, then I'd like to brand a new line of gear.

Otherwise, I'm not going to waste my time; the market is extremely saturated.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Rodney, how's your searching going?
I actually got a spam from a company in China that does dye sublimation printing on cycling, soccer, sports type gear in quantities under 100 pcs.

The wholesale pricing didn't seem to attractive. What do those type shirts retail for?

My only deal is that I'd like to start small with little overhead. If I can find a fulfilment company who will print my artwork and drop-ship onesy/twosey orders, then I'd like to brand a new line of gear.
I think that would be pretty hard to find. You may be able to get into printing them yourself if you can source the blanks, but I don't know of any printing/fulfillment company that would do onesie/twosies on that type blank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rodney said:
What do those type shirts retail for?
At places like wal-mart and target, you can find them for $9-$12, but they are basic blanks. Online at nike.com, they can go for $45 and of course are more stylish. That's a pretty wide range, isn't it?

Hmm, it sure seems hard to start a new sports clothing brand when you don't have much capital.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hmm, it sure seems hard to start a new sports clothing brand when you don't have much capital.
Yeah, it will definitely take capital to start a new clothing line (especially a branded one).

But if you have a strong business plan, then the capital can be just an investment to get back the profits/returns from the eventual sales.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can buy the actual Underarmour Knit fabrics wholesale at Magna Fabrics in North Bergen, New Jersey. The fabric is priced at about $1 to $1.50 a yard. Magna Fabrics does not supply the technical shirts or does it make the garments.
Buying the fabrics from Magna Fabrics does not allow you to use the Underarmour trade name or logos since these are highly protected by law.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can buy the actual Underarmour Knit fabrics wholesale at Magna Fabrics in North Bergen, New Jersey. The fabric is priced at about $1 to $1.50 a yard. Magna Fabrics does not supply the technical shirts or does it make the garments.
Buying the fabrics from Magna Fabrics does not allow you to use the Underarmour trade name or logos since these are highly protected by law.
Sounds interesting. Have you bought fabric from this company?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used to order them by the dozens for family day/ sports day for the company I was working at in Malaysia/Singapore some years ago. Over there its nothing new, its been around for a few years now and almost all the suppliers would stock it (which I think befits the weather, its permanent summer all year round). They call it dri-fit or microfibre. I don't know about blanks, never ordered those. We used to pay roughly ~USD$10 for a tech shirt + 1 or 2 colour print..that's for a quantity of 35 or so adults t-shirts, if my memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for the solid color (black no printing on them) long and short sleeve WickID Performance Tee shirts. The label said they were made in Korea. They were available several years ago but I cannot find them now. Can you provide any assistance/

Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts