T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used this transfer paper for laser? I purchased a small amount from bestblanks.com to try out.

The first sheet went through my printer (Oki C5300) great. Prints were great, no problems. I sent a second sheet through, and it looks like it is raising the transfer media off the sheet on one side. The other side is fine. It comes out of the printer kind of smeared looking, and when cool, flakes off the paper.

I ran a plain sheet of paper through and it came out OK. I pulled the fuser element out of the printer, and it looks like it is OK, nothing stuck on it.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is it the printer or the paper. I have some ImageClip on order because this leaves an edge around the image, but it hasn't arrived yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Later today when I have time I will run another sheet with the adjustment made for a heavier paper and see what happens. It may be putting too much pressure on the paper, but it worried me that the first sheet came out OK, and the next ones didn't. Maybe I just got lucky with the first one...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i also use this paper my setting is transparency in oki 5500. Try to change the setting in actual printer changed to transparency mode and when you print select transparency in your printer driver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We also are having issues with the NeenahTechni-print 4.0 paper. Little bits of the transfer are coming off with the paper. We have upped the pressure, increased and decreased the time, increased and decreased the temp and still have issues. We've had ONE clean peel in about 10 tries. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, we're new to the forum. Will try to post introduction soon.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My suggestion would be to wait about 3 seconds before you peel. That gives the emulsion of the paper time to set and cool so that it is not easily pulled back up off the shirt . Let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK, as embarassing as it is to say, I think we figured out the problem...dont touch the transfer when youre trimming it. Oils from your skin (apparently) dont react well to the transfer. Seems like a no-brainer, but...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts