T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, relatively new to this site so apologies if things are a little messy.

So after extensive research I've come the conclusion that the UK is seriously limited when trying to obtain blanks, and therefore I'm going to have to import from America, as I'm really after the Alstyle 1701R or 1301.

I was wondering if anyone can inform me of what taxes I need to be aware of when importing, as I'm looking to work out costs etc.

Am I right in saying I should add on 20% VAT and then Import tax (Believe Import tax is 12% but not certain). Is there any other taxes I'm forgetting about?

Thanks a lot guys, have a great day,

Will

· Registered
2,556 Posts
Those figures are about correct. Vat will also be charged on the shipping costs. You will also have to pay some charges for customs clearance. There may be a charge for onward delivery to your address.
All of the taxes must be paid before the goods can clear customs for onward delivery. For smaller consignments the shipping company will usually take care of the taxes and customs formalities for you, and invoice you accordingly. You will have to pay this before they will deliver to your address, so make sure you have funds available. If the goods sit in a customs shed or bonded warehouse, awaiting payment for too long, you may incur extra costs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.