T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
TArget Transfers have just sent me a sample of their softjet paper for lights and evolution2 paper for light/darks.
Both are inkjet papers.
Before I waste any ink, has anyone tried these papers before please...in particular the evolution2

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi, i am yet to try these papers but would just like you to know that if you do try them i would be very grateful for yourfeed back, just put your findings here in this post for others to see, I have just brought my printer (R1800) last week and am currently reserching which papers to use myself, I have some samples from XPress on the way, what other papers in the UK have you tried?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Tony. As you are probably aware a lot of the transfer papers mentioned on this forum are not available in the UK, which means personal imports. Trouble with that route is a few samples come via USPS flat packs for a few pounds international postage, but then for larger quantites the price rockets to around £50 for parcels and you then have to pay vat and an import duty on them. You also have the problem that they use slightly different paper sizes stateside.

The quality of transfer papers in the UK varies quite dramatically, so you need to keep trying out different types. Some will crack, peel and fade on the first wash, whilst others are far better quality. The papers from xpres have been suggested as being reasonable quality. As with all suppliers ask for samples before you commit to buying a box full.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Another UK based guy Lee (Progeny) recommended trying xpres. There are also a few sellers on Ebay, selling in small quantities, you could try out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I managed to get hold of some sample sheets of JPSS. After all the hype, I too was curious to see if it was any good.

The first thing you notice after pressing, is just how light it is on the fabric. It doesn't suffer from the heavy plastic feel that spoils many other transfers.

After one wash you can see the results below. Incidentally I used regular dye inks for this test.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks good will and you got to try it before me lol dame :rolleyes:
It is a lot of hipe and such but we just got to try it, like i did with the kisscut and selfweeding paper lol.

@ minkynuts
Robert i`m interested in buying some, well quite a few if the price is right ! just like hotwheels has said.
If you can send me any information via PM or mail, i`de be very greatfull.
I`m only in Liverpool and travel to Ireland a lot as i have some business there and family.
Let me know what the price ect is and such and if needed i can call and collect.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If its any good , I have s supplyer of JPSS in 100ft rolls here in Ireland

Robert
Minkynuts, I would alos love to try it out, could you tell me where or how i could get hold of this and if they supply any samples? Also, are you in northern ireland? I only ask as it makes a difference in the price.

many thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just thought I would mention it to everyone. When I first started off I went to ebay and searched for transfer paper. I found this seller, jetstream or maybe the shop is called jetstream, anyway, this was my first step an i must admit that i was really inpressed with it, i know i can get a slightly or even lighter transfer but even still it felt really different to others. I have tried selling these and no one aprt from one had returned or complained about any presses. One returned becuase it was stuck into a very hot tumble drier but that can be found in another post.

I am only looking for other papers as i am serious about this trade and just want to try out other and keep improving.

I dont know if i can paste the link on here but if i can i will. They also sell genuine sawgrass sublimation ink and this had been confirmed by sawgrass themselves.

Worth a go and thier prices are not very cheap but cheaper.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi richard
I would say with most papers that you need to trim as close to the picture as possable.
Unless you are useing a self weeding paper but in my tests even the self weeding paper i found it best that i used my cutter.
Its all trial and error and you will spend money trying things out, but you want the best for your customers and not to mention quality.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, you do need to cut them before you press, I use a robo cutter and also an a3 cutter for more larger and complicated images/text. As TVS said, self weeding transfer are good but it takes so much practice and even the Magic Touch themselves couldnt get a perfect picture with no white on the edges. The feel is really good on the WOW! paper but I dont think that allot of people would trust us if we tell them that they must iron directly over the image when it starts to fade.

Here is the link, if it is not allowed please please remove but dont punish for it eBay UK Shop - Bulk Ink: Epson, CIS, Continuous Ink System

Not the very very best but good enough and people are very happy with it and come back for more.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Like what you have posted Amor365 m8, i myself have used Singal on many ocasions, and have found then very good and quick on posting items, and i also have bought many other items from them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone else in the Uk tried them? And if not why not? They are quite good and you can buy a sample pack of 10 to test them out plus they also do like glitter transfers which gives it a nice touch on bold colour. Gives the garment extra value and it only cost a few pence more if that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just to let you guys know. You can get image clip papers from www.foildirect.de they are based in Germany and do ship to UK.
INO, thank you for your post, well worth looking out for but a little suprised to see that they have a 19% VAT charge. Not all clued up in this area of European VAT but I dont think that 19% would be claimable to the HMRC office, which to my dangers I have a contract with. Not in t-shirts but in the legal/law sides of things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts