T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Dose anyone use this?
I taped my Teflon sheet onto the top of my heat press because it was always getting in the way.......
I used auto motive electrical tape I found at Walmart. (because it said heat resistant)

Just posting to see if it helps anyone or To see if anyone else uses this.

Not really, the reason is that some processes require a cover sheet for the first application, then your suppose to remove the cover sheet for the final heat application......but if the process your doing always requires a cover sheet I see no problem in what your doing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I haven't used tape but I do use a fitted teflon on the top & bottom of my heatpress.
I bought mine from stahl's a few years ago. Works fine.
We also use the fitted bottom on our heat press, it really aids is being able to slide the shirt on the platen and position it quickly without picking the shirt up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Here is where we get ours.. we use it for the bottom and recently decided to get ones for the bottom.

Teflon Wrap - 16" X 20": Colman and Company - Discount Commercial Embroidery Supplies - Machine Embroidery Supplies Catalog

I don't know how long the tape will last so if its working for you I would suggest you get the wrap ..
Hey Carla, do you remove your top cover when doing DTG curing or do you just leave it on? that's the question that's kept us from buying a top cover since part of the pretreatment curing is covered and part isn't.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
One day.. our Teflon sheet kept getting stuck on the top part because of the build up so we just left it for the day and it worked fine.. now we are gonna just add the one on top.. so just one less step

plus our bottom cover has lasted a lot longer than the sheet.
Thanks.....I guess their easy enough to install and remove that it isn't a issue we still do a fair amount of vinyl shirts at times and some of the material is suppose to be uncovered first press, peeled hot, then covered for the second press.

Thanks....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.