T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On monday my cartoon shop will be talking!
I've been told that this has increased sales so I'm trying it out.
I don't have to pay for this feature until I've been successful with it.
Anyone else have this for added sales?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speaker basically welcomes the customers, informs them of what's on sale, offers custom services and makes them aware of just about anything that is pertinent to the shop and products. It also provides a different atmosphere than the landing page offers.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
It doesn't sound like a good idea.

I don't think people want sound while they are shopping online. They want to shop and read the info.

Many could be shopping at work where the boss might not like sounds coming out of their computer. Or at home with a baby taking a nap and the unexpected noise could cause problems.

If you can, I would make the "talking" and sound optional so that a person can click it if they want to hear sound. Making any kind of sound steam automatically when you visit a website is a big no-no in my opinion (unless sound or flash is what you're selling).

·
Registered
21 Posts
cameo said:
On monday my cartoon shop will be talking!
I've been told that this has increased sales so I'm trying it out.
I don't have to pay for this feature until I've been successful with it.
Anyone else have this for added sales?
I went & visited your shop earlier tonite (different post with the URL in it) and I liked your designs - the ones I managed to see in the time I stayed. I didn't like the talking .... I left pretty quickly because I couldn't see a way to turn it off and every page repeats the same thing over & over. There may be people that like it. It is a clever idea but not one I would want to implement on my shop ... too distracting while trying to look around.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Personally, I believe sound + website = irritated people. Honestly, I don't think HTML and its offspring should even be *able* to run sound commands.

As an example...anyone been to www.cnn.com recently? They have an advert on random rotation (seems about 60%) for Cathay Pacific, which groans and screams away....it drive me insane! You can turn off the sound, but everytime it's reloaded it's back.....arrgghhh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts