T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering taking anajet sprint to indoor show next month. Any advice from anajet owners or other dtg owners? Does the machine need to be prepped in any way to transport? Any ideas on portable set up, spray booths, etc..?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The AnaJet printer(s) are very portable.
The only concerns for proper performance is the "environment". Is there AC, will it be too dry (not humid enough), will there be air or dust blowing directly into the printer?

Also, I would pre-treat an ample quantity of "dark" garments prior to the event and bring these ready to print at a moments notice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken, thanks for the quick reply. Show is indoors, we are planning on bringing a humdifier & building a booth for the printer. Do you think a spray booth is out of the question or do most folks pre-treat if they don't have an automatic pretreater (out of the question till the budget grows)? Do you need to prep the sprint in any way to move it?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Am considering taking anajet sprint to indoor show next month. Any advice from anajet owners or other dtg owners? Does the machine need to be prepped in any way to transport? Any ideas on portable set up, spray booths, etc..?
The idea has been discussed here several times and search will turn up more answers, that said DTG printers don't really lend itself to be portable although it has been done, I'd check your documentation or manufacturer about recommendations on transporting the printer.

While it's a great idea to print on demand on location, there are sure to be pitfalls, if doing dark shirts you'll need to either pretreat in advance, or have a spot away from the public to pretreat (a hassle IMHO) of course you could just pretreat right in the booth with a hand pump spray bottle.

Of course you'll need your heat press and cover sheets, a computer, your blanks, the all important electricity to run it all....then there's the environment/humidity concerns.

It's a great concept, if you do try it please come back and tell us about your experiences.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Controlling the humidity is definitely key! Good idea on humidifier and booth.

I would not pre-treat on the spot. I would do my best to pre-treat prior to the show and if there are custom orders (full back - pocket drop - sleeve) take the order as a "special order item" and let them pick it up after the event or mail it out to them.

The AnaJet is specifically design to be portable and that is one of the selling points of that DTG printer.
You could ask their techs for more help on that but I think you are in the right direction already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are traveling no more than about 2 hours you should be ok with not having to flush all of the lines and everything. Just make sure everything is secured. Also trying to pre-treat shirt way ahead of time can sometimes be troubling. The best bet is to put a piece of butcher paper between each shirt after pre-treat and this will help a little with the "nap" coming up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the input, but I wonder what the "no more than 2 hours" part means. We will be travelling about 3 1/2 hours. I can see no difference with it sitting on the table in my shop or travelling with it for the same length of time. If I'm travelling with it and setting it up and testing it immediately, how could there be any difference?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just used 2 as a rule of thumb. 3 1/2 shouldn't be too bad. The reason that it is different is because of the rough ride of the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts