T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've edited an image in paint shop pro to remove the background, I've then copy and pasted it into illustrator but I want to lay it over another image.

But the pasted image has the square plain background when I want an image where the surrounding box fits the edges of what I've been left with on the original edit.

All advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It could be that it didn't copy transparency information, or that paint shop pro didn't make it transparent. Try exporting it as a high quality GIF with transparency enabled. If that still fails, check the paint shop pro help to see how to get transparency. Sorry that I don't have any paint shop pro experience to help you any further, but hopefully it's just a matter of getting it into a file format that supports transparency.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you have the background removed from your photoshop image, and any other "background layer" is hidden and only your viewable image is visible in photoshop...In illustrator i always use the File/Place command and select the link option.. It will be only show the actual art and not flatten it witha backgroundf. it will place your image into your illustrator document.. The cool thing about placing the image is that if you make any changes to the photoshop file and save it, The placed file will update with the changes made in you illustrator document.. Its pretty cool..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts