T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I just received back one of my first creations, I'm really excited about the design and how it came out, but I'm having a little trouble with taking pictures of my shirts. I feel like the images aren't coming out the best, do you guys have any tips or tricks on how to make these look better, or am I being too critical?

Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far.
Outerwear Baby & toddler clothing Sleeve Grey T-shirt
Baby & toddler clothing Sleeve Grey Sportswear Active shirt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe. I just used my point and shoot camera to take the photos. I was going to also include an image of just the design itself (front and back).

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I feel like the images aren't coming out the best
You are right, and this gets you half way there
You know it doesn't look right but you cannot identify what it is.
This is actually normal... and all you need is something to use as a reference.

do you guys have any tips or tricks on how to make these look better, or am I being too critical?
Here is a random photo from the internet that looks nice...
You should be able to see the differences yourself, but the steps bellow will help you replicate it.
White Product Black Sleeve Textile

1. Ensure the top and sides of the sleeves are straight and tidy.
Fold the armpit area if necessary as shown in this example, and don't flatten the inner sleeve surface.
2. Ensure the sides are fairly straight and symmetric, but not unnaturally straight.
3. Pull here if necessary to straighten the sides. Fold if necessary, so the ridges are not too high.
4. Don't flatten the surface of the shirt. Basically don't touch the surface at all... Just pull from the edges.
5. Light is very important. Take the photos outside or build a light-tent.

Give it a try and let us see the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Only constructive critism. Your script is to thick and hard to read. Only by zooming can i see what it says. It should be readable at a glance. Just my opinion. Keep it up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Made a few tweaks, here is what I'm going to go with.

Product Azure Sleeve Font Grey
Outerwear Jersey Azure Baby & toddler clothing Textile

·
Administrator
14,860 Posts
I can't read the front, even when blown up. I know this was not your original question, but I'm with Capt Dave, consider changing that font to something more readable. The back font is only a bit better.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Made a few tweaks, here is what I'm going to go with.
Looks a bit better, but still not good enough in my opinion...
I actually prefer using models, and my advice to everyone is to do the same.
Shirts on models sell easier online, and shirts on mannequins sell easier in shops.

As for the design itself... I like it, BUT
a) I would swap the places (picture on the front, and a large logo for the back), and
b) like others have mentioned, use a better font. The black fonts in your last post will probably do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks a bit better, but still not good enough in my opinion...
I actually prefer using models, and my advice to everyone is to do the same.
Shirts on models sell easier online, and shirts on mannequins sell easier in shops.

As for the design itself... I like it, BUT
a) I would swap the places (picture on the front, and a large logo for the back), and
b) like others have mentioned, use a better font. The black fonts in your last post will probably do.
Thank you! First time, so I’m learning a lot. Definitely looking to find someone to wear the next one I make too. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would also change the font....perhaps a thinner version. I like that ink color but darker shirt would make it "pop." Consider darker grey or even black. If you don't have a model then get a mannequin torso. Make a sexy tank for women too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Going back to the pictures: You're on the right path, but make sure you're getting the shot straight above the shirt. You can tell on the first set of images the camera is leaning a bit from the bottom of the shirt towards the top, and on the second set it's a bit from the right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the issue here is the photo itself--the resolution is way too low and so it's difficult to read the text. I took the liberty of of a quick edit (very quick, very basic
Azure Sleeve Font Baby & toddler clothing Aqua
!)--I straightened the shirt on the page, took out some of the creases and wrinkles, and sharpened the image as much as possible, but that doesn't help much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the issue here is the photo itself--the resolution is way too low and so it's difficult to read the text. I took the liberty of of a quick edit (very quick, very basic!)--I straightened the shirt on the page, took out some of the creases and wrinkles, and sharpened the image as much as possible, but that doesn't help much.
Thanks, I like how this looks and the font! Appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to admit that I use mockups for my product photos. I spent some time ensuring that the digital images represent the actual shirts pretty closely. Trying to do real photos and touching them up to look perfect for the website was too time consuming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts