T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I couldn't decide exactly where to post this...I'm trying to figure out why Twill USA says tackle twill is not for nylon? I had my heart set on doing tackle twill on windshirts for a ball team this weekend and now I'm scared :eek: Any help is always appreciated!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It could be that nylon won't take the heat required to set the glue...

All you can do is try one understanding that you may lose the shirt and possibly have a mess to clean up on your press...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I was planning to use the pressure sensitive since I'll be sewing them anyway so the heat won't be an issue. I really can't think of any other reason that you couldn't do it but I think I'll give them a call to be sure.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know that nylon will not accept a lot of vinyl either. I'm sure it is because the glue compound used will not stick to the nylon. ... JB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense, thanks. Since I'm planning to sew them I'm hoping it will work because I think it looks really nice. I guess you never know until you try :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
You mean windshirts like this? I also do twill on Coaches Jackets as well. Maybe they're talking about nylon with no lining. But then again, that's what stabilizer is for.

I do twill on them all the time....and from twill usa *shrug*.

And I use heat seal, not PS, but I have used PS before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EXTouch, that's exactly the windshirts I am using! It's good to know you've done it, I was all gung ho and then I saw in the Twill USA catalog "not for nylon or mesh" and I couldn't figure it out because all the nice team windshirts you see use tackle twill. Wish me luck, this will be my first time but I've got to start somewhere!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you ever used Waterjet Technical Services? I found them on a post here and their prices are excellent but since it's my first time I'm afraid to chance it! Thanks for all your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts