T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I couldn't decide exactly where to post this...I'm trying to figure out why Twill USA says tackle twill is not for nylon? I had my heart set on doing tackle twill on windshirts for a ball team this weekend and now I'm scared :eek: Any help is always appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was planning to use the pressure sensitive since I'll be sewing them anyway so the heat won't be an issue. I really can't think of any other reason that you couldn't do it but I think I'll give them a call to be sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense, thanks. Since I'm planning to sew them I'm hoping it will work because I think it looks really nice. I guess you never know until you try :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
You mean windshirts like this? I also do twill on Coaches Jackets as well. Maybe they're talking about nylon with no lining. But then again, that's what stabilizer is for.

I do twill on them all the time....and from twill usa *shrug*.

And I use heat seal, not PS, but I have used PS before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EXTouch, that's exactly the windshirts I am using! It's good to know you've done it, I was all gung ho and then I saw in the Twill USA catalog "not for nylon or mesh" and I couldn't figure it out because all the nice team windshirts you see use tackle twill. Wish me luck, this will be my first time but I've got to start somewhere!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you ever used Waterjet Technical Services? I found them on a post here and their prices are excellent but since it's my first time I'm afraid to chance it! Thanks for all your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.