T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, got the t square and the pages are centered perfectly, but the pages are crooked!! I can't get em' straight to save my life!!! Helllllllllllpp!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Neisha. First off there is a little bit of play in the T Square It, to enable the cross piece to slide freely, so you need to ensure that the cross slide is completely square to the vertical ruler. It is only a small amount of play though, but from personal experience, I have found it can make a difference with some designs.

What is is more likely however, is that you haven't had the collar seams aligned correctly. Few shirts are folded in such a way that you can just put them on the press. I messed up my first shirt (fortunately on old one) as I hadn't re-aligned the collar seams properly with the T Square It, so I ended up with a misaligned transfer.

Since ensuring the cross slide was square onto the vertical bar and ensuring the collar seams were in good alignment, I have not had any further problems with Lou's device. It is actually useful bit of kit once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will say charles gave yo a great tip.I bought one of first ones sold and still use it. I had a little trouble getting used to it. I re read the instructions and now we are best friends. ... JB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Neisha when I first got my T-Square It everything was crooked even though I was sure it was square to my press and my transfers were lined up properly. Problem I had was I wasn't checking that my shirts were perfectly straight on the platen. I was doing it the way I always had, by feel. Thought I was pretty good at it, but apparently before the T-Square It everything was misaligned the same way. I also made the mistake of making sure my collars were placed square but not all the way down the shirt. The instructions are worth a re-read, but now I not only check my collars, but I check the shirt at the opposite end of the platen and I never have alignment issues ever. If you use the T-Square It to align your transfer, but haven't made sure your shirt is aligned you'll have unpredictable results.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Neisha when I first got my T-Square It everything was crooked even though I was sure it was square to my press and my transfers were lined up properly. Problem I had was I wasn't checking that my shirts were perfectly straight on the platen. I was doing it the way I always had, by feel. Thought I was pretty good at it, but apparently before the T-Square It everything was misaligned the same way. I also made the mistake of making sure my collars were placed square but not all the way down the shirt. The instructions are worth a re-read, but now I not only check my collars, but I check the shirt at the opposite end of the platen and I never have alignment issues ever. If you use the T-Square It to align your transfer, but haven't made sure your shirt is aligned you'll have unpredictable results.
Great point !!!! I had nt even considered that. I was trying to figure out the issue and bam you did it. .... JB

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I dont have the tool so cant comment on how it works. I always wondered how the shirt was put on the platon square to begin with other than visually. I also wondered if all the lower platons actually are square as some have nonsquared rubber mats and some are covered with teflon pad protectors. A quick visual aid is a mark on the lower center edge of your platon and a mark on the center front panel of your press.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
First as the designer of the Tee Square I need tell you you should always check the width bar to make sure the shirt is at the same mark on each side. yes there is some play in the slider but not much. I try to make sure it slides smoothly. Be sure the back plate is centered on the seams on both sides as well. I know that people place their shirts on the pad with out really making sure the shirt is not crooked. Checking with the width bar should get rid of that problem. And alway feel free to contact me for any help. Lou

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I have read all these, and I'm still with "Pink". I can NOT get the item to work for me.

Many of you say make sure the shirt is square on the press. How? The shirt falls off on all side unless I'm pressing a very small youth shirt.

Also, What directions are you speaking of? The only thing I have to go by is the video. I did not receive any direction with the t-square.

When I try to square up using the "Points" of the collar, it's not even close to square/straight. I am much closer eyeballing it.

Pink, if you figure it out please let me know!!

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trashing Lou's invention. There are enough peole here that love it, So I know the problem is in the "USER". I just wish I could figure it out.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
So I have read all these, and I'm still with "Pink". I can NOT get the item to work for me.

Many of you say make sure the shirt is square on the press. How? The shirt falls off on all side unless I'm pressing a very small youth shirt.

Also, What directions are you speaking of? The only thing I have to go by is the video. I did not receive any direction with the t-square.

When I try to square up using the "Points" of the collar, it's not even close to square/straight. I am much closer eyeballing it.

Pink, if you figure it out please let me know!!

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trashing Lou's invention. There are enough peole here that love it, So I know the problem is in the "USER". I just wish I could figure it out.
The instructions are wrapped around the unit upon shipping. Why you did not get them I do not know but I woull gladly send them to you if you email is posted. Lou Please feel free to contact me. I do not like unhappy customers. Did you buy it direct from me? Please PM me or email me so I can help you.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
That is an interesting point about the shirt not being laid on the platen correctly.

It seems like even an laser wouldn't be able to fix that issue. If the t-shirt is fully covering the platen, how can you be sure that it has been laid correctly? That almost seems like a bigger issue that aligning the transfer correctly.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would fold the shirt in half and get a center point on the shirt. I would measure and mar my platen. I would then aligne those marks together. I would make sure the over hang is even on each side of the press. I wouls hen make sure the bottom of the shirt is straight accross. All this being done the tesquareit will work. This like any other tool must be used correctly to be effective. ... JB

·
Registered
426 Posts
You know I've never thought about lining up the garment, but here is what I do:
1. line up the armholes at the top even on each side
2. then at my end of the bottom platen I wrap the leftover fabric under the bottom platen and "feel" that they are even.
3. line up the center crease with the T-square it
4. line up the collar.
5. take a lint roller to the T shirt (I do this at any point along the way, but I find it is critical)
6. place the transfer using the T-Square it

How do other people line up their garments on the bottom platen...?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts