T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am Patricia. I am new to the busy and have lots of questions. First of all, I'm realy excited to be able to start my own business. I have just about everything I need and ready to get started.

But my questions are to whom ever wants to address them.

1. Can you tell me in your opinion what is a good dark transfer? I've used alpha gold dark, and the ends are lifting up when I take the parchment paper off. I called the distributor and ask, they told me what to do, I did that, it worked, but after the 24 hour wait, I washed and the corners peeled away. I going to use the alpha gold, but I wanted to try something else. Any suggestions?

2. What is a good clearner for my press?

I'm looking forward to talking to you personally or through email about this business. I really want to have a good start with my business. I haven't started to sell my shirts, because I haven't gotten the results that I want yet! I'm still practicing.

Thanks in advance,

Patricia

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi Patricia (that is my sisters name) welcome to the forums
I cannot answer about the transfers because we do not use transfers but we put a teflon bra on our heatpress for our dtg and sublimation and it works great. We only wipe it down with an old shirt after probably 300 shirts or more. (not very often that's for sure)

Good luck with your transfers, I am sure someone that uses them will be along shortly to tell you what to do.

Stop by and chat sometime.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Alpha Gold Dark seems to be one of the favorites, but I personally don't do dark transfers yet. Just haven't found any I like well enough. Are you sure your press is good? Maybe some cold spots near the edges or something.

HEAT PRESS ESSENTIALS,tee Square it, Logo it, teflon sheets, T Shirt Transfer Paper. JPSS. Jet Pro SofStretch has a nice cleaner product that works well and smells great. Lou also sells transfer paper and can probably get you fixed up there too. He stands behind his stuff and can probably talk you through your problem or at least be sure you are getting quality paper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Master,
Thanks for your response. My press is new. I purchased this month. How would I know if there are cold spots?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts