T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The type of shirts I am going to do will have a logo with the company name and a one or two line original joke of mine. Can anyone tell me how well a humorous shirt sells if it has no artwork? I am not planning on including and graphics as I think the jokes don't really need it. I have a few dozen of these:

1. Top ten reasons to get married:

searching...

2. I’d get married but I like my money

3. I use profanity the way Van Gogh used oils

·
Registered
43 Posts
I Personally think one-liners work best as someone viewing your shirt say walking down the street doesn't have time to read , say a paragraph of text, it hink if you go down text base routes you should maybe come up with quick witty one-liners.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
t-shirts without graphics sell just fine as long as the text is funny and reaches a large market.

T-Shirts that have "too" much text don't sell well, but if you can make your point in 3 seconds or less, you'll probably be better off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of my t shirts is just words, it says, "The Last Time A Nation Listened To A Bush, They Spent 40 Years Wandering The Desert!" It's long, but it's all white letters on a black t shirt. So consider color if you're doing just text. A lighter color on a dark background sticks out better in my opinion.

Justin
Fun Originals
www.funoriginals.com

·
Registered
605 Posts
The only problem with Text T-Shirts Is I don't beleive you can copyright the designs. I know you can trademark them but boy would that be expensive If you have numerous designs.... Try to add a litle graphic to the design so you have a better chance at copyrighting the design. Please let me know if there Is another way to approach this method of design.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I mean there are some graphics designers that have made type their whole life's work like Chank Diesel (Chank Co: OpenType Fonts from Font King Chank Diesel) and Ray Larabie (www.larabiefonts.com). Those two guys alone account for much of the modern style of type design seen on TV and movies and a lot of shirts. But back to the main idea, I mean the font can make the statement have a personality. Its how you give it a "tone of voice". If its bold its yelling, if its thin is week, if its script its "high class". The font matters almost more then the words themselves.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Witty one liners are the best for t-shirts I think. (From a customers point of view) I always pass on the long wordy t-shirts. They give me a headache.

I just ordered my heat press this week.

Last week I got together with a few friends and a few beers.

Boy, after a few brews did we ever come up with some good witty ones. Next time I think I will write them down!

We are calling our group the Research & Development Brew.

Good luck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts