T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, First time poster. Just found this site Awesome! Ok, here is my problem i press mostly plastisol transfers from pro word. I have always used 50/50 blends in the past. I have a request for 100% cottons, no problem. when i press the shirt @385 for 10-12 secs the shirt is yellowing around the trans paper. Oh yea, I also am trying to make a display of transfers on pellons and they are yellowing to. I tryied 350* with a little less yellowing but it still looks off colored.

Thank you in advance.:)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
jdmac said:
Hello All, First time poster. Just found this site Awesome! Ok, here is my problem i press mostly plastisol transfers from pro word. I have always used 50/50 blends in the past. I have a request for 100% cottons, no problem. when i press the shirt @385 for 10-12 secs the shirt is yellowing around the trans paper. Oh yea, I also am trying to make a display of transfers on pellons and they are yellowing to. I tryied 350* with a little less yellowing but it still looks off colored.

I dont think it would be a transfer problem.

Sometimes on poor shirts the die burns off easy....

Had a problem like it in the past and as it turned out the temp. read on the press was OFF. It read 375F but it was more like 425F. May be test your temp. reader.

·
Registered
227 Posts
jdmac said:

Sounds like a slight scrotching you need to adjust time or temp.... If its a light scortch mix some hydrogyn peroxide with water in a spray bottle about 1 part peroxide and 4 parts water.. soak the shirt down good an let hang dry..... The scortch will be gone.... Good Luck Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely try the peroxide trick. I checked the plate with a temp gun. With the press set at 360* reading was 368*. What time and temp do you guys do hot peels? I set 50/50 at 385* for 10 sec. I set 100 cotton's at 350-360 8-10 secs to keep from scorching. I have never had a problem with 50/50's. I have probably ruined 20 shirts over 2 yrs with 50/50's and 20 in one day with cottons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts