T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've designed a few shirts in the past (I'm an Illustrator first), vector and not, but never had to deal with the Printer. I recently found a client who really likes my artwork and wishes to use it for T-shirts. While normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, he would like the artwork to cover the whole of the shirt. Here's an example of what I'm talking about: Affliction Release T-Shirt : Men's Shirts and Tops | Buckle.com

My artwork is very similar to the example I've posted. It is detailed, sometimes lots of colors and shade variations. I mostly use Corel Painter X, Photoshop CS3, and Illustrator CS3 (when I really need to). I've never designed anything that covered more than the chest area on the shirt, and generally the artwork was in limited color and detail to keep costs down.

My questions are these:

1.) What is the minimum size and dpi at which I need to create a piece to cover at least 3/4ths of the shirt?

2.) Are there templates out there I should be using for this type of work?

3.) What kind of process must the Printer go through to make my artwork usable to achieve this type of look on a shirt? In other words how can I make his/her job easier, and keep my client from tearing his hair out?

4.) Any other pointers or suggestions? Anything I should know/keep in mind while drawing? :confused:

Thanks, I really appreciate any advice! :)
I might think of other questions later. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has been a lot of discussions about "all over printing" on the forums. Look here.
Thank you for the suggestion. I searched the Internet for help before I posted here, but I didn't know the correct term for this type of printing. Now that I know it's called "All over printing" I'm sure my search results will be more fruitful.
Still, if anyone can post advice here in the meantime I'd appreciate it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts