T-Shirt Forums banner

T-shirt survey - fit likes and dislikes

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BEatMaKeR 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some market research.
If you could, what would you change about the fit of the higher end men’s T-shirts such as Affliction, Monarchy, Express, Guess etc.? I am curious what everyone’s likes and dislikes are about of those shirts.
Thank you in advance for your opinions.

#5 ·
Ideally, you should be asking your target market those questions :)

Otherwise, you might get a mixed bag of answers that don't really apply to what you'll be doing.

Like if I said they run a bit tight for me, then it might make you think you need looser fitting shirts. But if I don't mention that the BMI chart says I need to lose a few pounds, then you may get some skewed data since the market for many of those upscale shirts is for people who prefer a more fitted, athletic cut.

#7 ·
The thing about t-shirts or any clothing from high end brands such as the ones that you listed is that they're designed for the 'ideal' body type (slim and tall). So it's not necessarily that their t-shirts are just tight, they just look better when the right person wears them. It all comes down to your targeted market. I personally don't have anything major I would want to change about how those brands make their fits, as that's how i like tees personally.

#8 ·
Hi-

What I like most about the fit of these shirts is probably the sleeves. I like how they are more fitted and aren't all boxey and huge. My only "dislike" about these shirts is that the women's are usually cut about one size smaller so I have to order one size up. I guess it's an ego-bruising thing more than anything!!! However, I think the cut of their women's shirts are much more flattering than the typical "gildan-style" boxey-cut. So, I would rather order a size up and have a flattering cut than wear a shirt-box. lol
-Haley

#9 ·
My only "dislike" about these shirts is that the women's are usually cut about one size smaller so I have to order one size up. I guess it's an ego-bruising thing more than anything!!!
Haley - funny you said that. I did a run of womens tee with American Apparel and had to size them up in a relabeling just for that very same reason. American Apparel XL as a Womens L... etc... Just because they make them so darn small.

I guess that's what 'junior fit' is supposed to mean huh? haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.