T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you sell your shirts at booths and events what is the best way to store and cart them. Some earlier posts were the clear storage bins by size but what about a cheapie duffel bag with wheels? Then I was thinking about rolling the shirts up and then stacking them? Suggestions? Cheers!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had this same dilemma and for now I am using the inexpensive rolling drawers from wal-mart. They are about $11 each. I use 2 of them in combination with large flat under the bed containers (for mouse pads, caps, bags etc). This is my third storage system and so far it has been working well. At a show I roll them under a tall work surface I use for pressing shirts. I like that the drawers are translucent and I can see the shirt colors. Each drawer has a full range of sizes and extra (overflow) goes in large rubber maid containers. For tables I use the Camping World folding tables that are height adjustable. I make them very tall so I do not have to bend over while working.

Sweatshirts are so bulky I use 2 of the largest size Rubbermaid storage containers I could find.

I also invested in a hand truck that has two settings, dolly, or cart, I bought it at Office Depot for 49.99. It has saved my back!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the plastic bins for each size and rolling them seems to save room. When I do events I take about 15 of them with us. I have each one with it own size and then also separate tess from hoodies. The other ways seem to small.

good Luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I bought 3 of these at Wal-Mart and luckily they were on sale and only $18.99 dollars apiece. I went to Target and bought 6 pieces of white foam core board and cut them to size 13.75"W X 6" high so I can have drawer dividers between the shirts. I also bought a 48" bungee strap at Wal-Mart also to wrap around the drawers so they don't fall out when transporting....

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
You rock Wolf! I never thought about dividers in mine:) I hope they work out well for you!

And a quick update... I was wrong on the price of the cart, it is $132.99 and it is adjustable from a hand truck to a cart. I use both settings depending on what I am moving.

Looks like I need to spend the weekend putting dividers in my dressers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
this last year what we used was the rubbermaid tubs but since we are changing everything up this year our plans are to buy the chrome wire shelves with wheels on them, then put thin plywood on the back and sides with a removable one on the front. there for all we have to do is roll it on and off the trailer.

This was a great post and since i did not want to hijack it i post a new one on transport and storage of transfers at events. again thanks for the great post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this last year what we used was the rubbermaid tubs but since we are changing everything up this year our plans are to buy the chrome wire shelves with wheels on them, then put thin plywood on the back and sides with a removable one on the front. there for all we have to do is roll it on and off the trailer.

This was a great post and since i did not want to hijack it i post a new one on transport and storage of transfers at events. again thanks for the great post.
This sounds like a great option when I get bigger but I'm a little guy right now and just have a Dodge Mini-Van for carting. Is your trailer open or closed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
it is a enclosed trailer with a ramp door in the back. with the new setup it will cut our setup and tare down in half this next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts