T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Help Help I have my own business and i am wanting to display my t shirts on my website, How do companies display there t shirts so there is no person in them, it is like on an invisiable mannequin can some one tell me please is there a speacial software that i use to do this? i have Photoshop and i am wondering if i can get this affect by using photoshop? if someone can give me any info that would be great.

Sorry I am not sure what this affect is called. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
are you talking about just the mock ups ?
Or the shirt still has the figure of a body bu no arms head etc ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi yes it is mock ups that i am after but i am not sure if i could do the same thing this with photoshop?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, I have photoshop and i am not sure if you could do this same thing on there?

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can do that same thing for sure. But for me..being kind of a novice with photoshop the $35 was worth the head ache of trying to figure out the layers and masking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just take photos of the t-shirts like I just did with some new shirts at posterpop.com. Yes it takes time but you can then feel the pride of not only showing your designs as actual photographs, but you can archive photos of your designs. You can even mock up a missing design or 2... like you would in the software mentioned above..

All you need to do is get a nice white 30 x 36 piece of mat board and draw a center line and lightly outline the key corners of a t-Shirt in Pencil, so you can replicate placement. I have a Bogan Tripod where the center column can extend horizontally over the shirt , to that you can suspend the camera over the center of the shirt to take lots of consistent photos...

I do have 2 florescent 5000k lights, and a cable release to make it soo much easier... I just did 50 shirts all in various specific colors last Saturday in 3-4 hours.

I might do the same thing with a mannequin, as the photos on eBay and other sites look cool in 3d, as the OP wanted, but for now I like the "flat" T-Shirts.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts