T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My name is Aaron and I am new to T-Shirt Forums. I was wondering if anyone knows some websites that have information on what percentage of t shirt sales are which sizes. I want to make sure that I start out by printing the right size shirts and don't get stuck with a bunch of smalls for example.

Thanks,

Aaron

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
BeyondHelp said:
Thanks azorable, I will check out some auctions. Unfortunately I need to know the sizes most sold in the United States.
Are you going to sell nationally or locally? I have small through 3xl and print on demand. I sell more l and xl than anything else. It depends on your design and the market you are going after. If its the womens market obviously your sizes will be running smaller. How many shirts are you wanting to print initially?

Define your market...age, gender, location
Know the quantity you are going to print

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be selling nationally. My shirts will be mainly sold to adults or young adults. I was thinking that L and XL were going to be the most sold for men but I am looking to find out what percentage of t shirts sold are S, M, L, XL, 2XL for men and the same for women.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hammered said:
I gotta agree with Lou. In the land of consumtion, we run slightly larger on average. I dont keep any stock, but most all my orders are from XL to 3X
Thanks Dave, the more information I have the better. The conclusion that I am coming to is that we are all a bunch of fat American's. I wear 2XL lol. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What you need to know also is the brands and how they are cut. Gildan is an over sized shirt. I have found that a lot of Xl and 2 x are being ordered from me. Mediums in New Zealand? what they don't have McDonalds?
LOL, yeah strange huh. This has been recently however. Could change in the future since we now have wendys and burger king. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Easily the number One seller is L. XL and M are big too. It seems small and/or youth sizes come in batches. 2XL and 3XL are fairly common too.
Friday I made a quote for a small radio station. They want to burn up their "promotion budget" for 2006 and they have about $500 left over. They are a very small time operation.
This $500 will buy 15 M shirts, 30 L shirts and 30 XL shirts, yellow 6.1 oz cotton with simple black logo. They are trying to squeeze me for more. I know at $6.67 per shirt, I'm cheap. I may add a few more shirts if they are willing to take 5.6 oz FoL shirts instead of 6.1 oz Gildan or Jerzees. They just have no interest in S and only slight interest in 2XL. If they go for the lighter shirts, the probably will take 5 2XL's.

·
Registered
598 Posts
When I was in Rio de Janeiro, there was a Mcdonald's 4 blocks from one another, if it wasn't McDonald's it was Wendy's yet I found a very small percentage of overweight people, 3%. Their bum bums seem to fit just fine in those t-back and g-strings.

The GAP store in Brazil is named "TACO". Everyone eats meat, meat, meat and tons of more meat.

badalou said:
What you need to know also is the brands and how they are cut. Gildan is an over sized shirt. I have found that a lot of Xl and 2 x are being ordered from me. Mediums in New Zealand? what they don't have McDonalds?

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Is that poll for men's sizes or both men's and women's?
Both men and women.

That's a good point though. Here's the same survey information filtered for just women respondents. Definitely paints a different picture:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.