T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am from South Texas. I am looking for a t-shirt program that I can make my own t-shirt with. I have some of my own pictures that I would like to put on them and I want familytree stuff and red hat society stuff. and I was wondering if anyone know of a good one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would say CorelDRAW and Photoshop are your best bet since DRAWings can be bought later to do embroidery. DRAWings connects Corel seamlessly with embroidery. Making your Corel Vector into Stitches... It would be nice for embroidery to pick up again. Your either a Illustrator Guy or Corel Guy...I'm a Corel guy as you can see. Both will get the job done though.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Sounds to me more like he has the images and he's only looking to make a few shirts. If that's the case, you might not need any special program really. Give us a little more detail about your plans.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
There are essentially two types of images: raster, and vector. Most images are raster; these are bitmapped images based on pixels (jpgs, gifs, etc are all raster). Vector images are based on formulas. The advantage of this is that they can be expanded or shrunk to any size without losing any quality.

Photoshop is built for doing raster imaging, while Illustrator is built for vectors. There is some vector stuff in photoshop though that works well enough for some things - the pen tool. Google a tutorial on it, it's fairly easy to get the hang of (for tracings, at least).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts