T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.im thinking of starting my own t shirt printing business.so i really kind of knew to this.
i wonder if someone could help. i have a few questions. firstly.which is a really good cd software for designing prints. is there one pecificly designed for transfer design printing. also where can i buy designs from.ive looked on the net,but cant see to find any.
i was hoping to sell on ebay.or start my own website.and also get my own catalogue made up showing different designs.
i there any designs out there which im aload to sell on my t shirts. if i did'nt design them my self.
i not sure how the law works.

sorry for so many questions. its just im really confused.:confused:

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rodney said:
If you do a forum search for "software", you'll find lots of good suggestions: photoshop, coreldraw, illustrator, etc.
I have all three of the above, and use each one for different things.

Photoshop is great for colorful & photographic designs. The other two are great for vector art (which can be stretched & distorted without losing quality).

These are not for this industry alone. Pretty much, these can be used to design anything you can imagine. Which is why you won't find any t-shirt design software. If you do, it is probably a very similar copy of the same tools, etc. with a higher price tag.

There are many different clip art packages which will help you greatly in your designs. And you can find specific clip art packages made for the t-shirt industry. Most or all of the clip art you will find (from simple to detailed) can be edited and added on to with the above mentioned software. If you are not an artist, then the clip art will give you a starting point from which you can add text, change the colors, etc.

·
Registered
204 Posts
chris s said:
i there any designs out there which im aload to sell on my t shirts. if i did'nt design them my self.
i not sure how the law works.
Do a search on the internet for "clip art package" (so you can design your own)and do a search on this forum for "stock transfers". There are quite a few threads with listings of websites to get already made designs.

Also check in the Heat Press section of this forum. They talk about stock transfers all the time.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
swannn32 said:
Do a search on the internet for "clip art package" (so you can design your own)
When using clip art packages be sure to check the fine print. Many do not let you reproduce the clipart as the primary source of anything commercial (e.g. putting clipart on a shirt and printing it).

·
Registered
204 Posts
What I was referring to with the clip art which was specifically for this industry.

I see the dealers at the the tradeshows,so they must know they are going to be used on t-shirts.

Some examples I was thinking of were . . .

Smart Designer / Smart Designs or Jam'n Art LLC/Rivalart.com, and a few others.

You must read the . . .

License Agreement for All Clipart and Templates of Rivalart.com - a Jam'n Art LLC Company.

BY DOWNLOADING OR OPENING THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE YOU AGREE TO TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SOFTWARE. ONCE THE SOFTWARE IS DOWNLOADED OR OPENED IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED FOR REFUND.

1. License. Jam'n Art LLC grants you a non-exclusive limited license to use this software for personal or business use under the following restrictions.

YOU MAY USE JAM'N ART LLC CLIPART AND TEMPLATES TO DECORATE AND CREATE GARMENTS, SIGNS, AD SPECIALTIES, BANNERS, MURALS, LOGOS, UNIFORMS, BROCHURES. You may resell these decorated items to your clientele.

NO MORE THAN THREE Jam'n Art LLC clipart images or template images can be used on any "one" garment, web site, brochure, digital document or software without written approval from Jam'n Art LLC.

YOU MAY MAKE ONE COPY of the software solely for backup purposes and may operate the software on one computer at a time. Any permitted copies must include the same proprietary and copyright notices as were affixed to the original. You may not copy the disk(s)/file(s), contents or the user's guide to sell or distribute to others, or operate the software on more than one computer at a time.

YOU MAY NOT post any more than three clipart or template images of Jam'n Art LLC to a web page or online designer without written approval from Jam'n Art LLC.

YOU MAY NOT redistribute any image in digital or paper format.

YOU MAY NOT redistribute any image under the assumption of being clipart, art for resell or package it as clipart or design template software.

YOU MAY NOT resell Jam'n Art LLC software as art, clipart, design templates in any format including paper or digital.

Any clipart image and/or design templates of Jam'n Art LLC can never be sold or distributed in any form under the pretence of clipart or design templates.

2. Copyright. All images represented by the designs in any Jam'n Art LLC collection are licensed and/or registered by Jam'n Art LLC and are to be used by paid customers only. The unauthorized use of any Jam'n Art LLC software can result in legal complications.

Under copyright laws, Jam'n Art LLC software may not be digitally or photo copied, in whole or in part, without written consent of Jam'n Art LLC, except to make a backup copy. This exception does not allow copies to be made for others, whether sold or not. Under the law, copying includes translating into other languages or formats.

PLEASE - always read the copyright license agreements.

P.S. most images found on the internet as single images of FREE clip art will not allow it to be used by a business to be profited from!

·
Registered
331 Posts
PLEASE - always read the copyright license agreements.

P.S. most images found on the internet as single images of FREE clip art will not allow it to be used by a business to be profited from!
then someone please explain what the heck do people do with those clip arts. ?? I dont get it..why can we purchase them? if we cant print on shirts? what can we do with them?

·
Registered
182 Posts
then someone please explain what the heck do people do with those clip arts. ?? I dont get it..why can we purchase them? if we cant print on shirts? what can we do with them?
Maybe use them for a reference and create your own look, then print them on shirts. Don't just modify them by percentage form because that is not valid.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have found Illustrator and photo impact to be hard to learn but their are tutorials out there to help understand how they work. Once you dive into creating designs, it gets the creative juices flowing and is enjoyable.
cant wait to learn. since I dont no nada.. I hope I can get the artwork stuff:eek:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
then someone please explain what the heck do people do with those clip arts. ??
Business reports, scrapbooking, 'what I did on my holidays' writeups, etc. etc.

There's a lot more to the world than just t-shirts :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts