T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am trying to better grasp the understanding as to what makes one type of T-shirt distinguish from another and why people prefer that. For example, what makes a Gildan/Hanes T-shirt so desirable vs. some other brand? What do you guys look for?

Here's few things I am looking to understand deeper in terms of preferences:

1) Design - Is there any particular design that is desirable over others?
2) Quality - What makes a T-shirt of greater quality than another? Is it GSM? Anti-shrinking? Fabric? 100% cotton?
3) Colors - What sells the most? How does prices differ in different colors?
4) Seasonal changes - what sells more in summer vs winter?
5) Why does price differ from one T-shirt to another?
5) Please state your brand preference and why you prefer it over others

Please note that I am referring to basic one color T-shirts

Let the discussion begin!

· Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys,

I am trying to better grasp the understanding as to what makes one type of T-shirt distinguish from another and why people prefer that. For example, what makes a Gildan/Hanes T-shirt so desirable vs. some other brand? What do you guys look for?

Here's few things I am looking to understand deeper in terms of preferences:

1) Design - Is there any particular design that is desirable over others?
2) Quality - What makes a T-shirt of greater quality than another? Is it GSM? Anti-shrinking? Fabric? 100% cotton?
3) Colors - What sells the most? How does prices differ in different colors?
4) Seasonal changes - what sells more in summer vs winter?
5) Why does price differ from one T-shirt to another?
5) Please state your brand preference and why you prefer it over others

Please note that I am referring to basic one color T-shirts

Let the discussion begin!
Hey man, that is on heck of a loaded question. First, simply do a little research on this site. You should find a lot of answers, and a lot more information than you could ever get in a single post.

As for my quick take; it depends, haha. But really, people like Gildan and Hanes because they are generally the best combination of low cost and quality.

However, they certainly aren't the highest quality of shirts, just often the best bang for your buck, depending on what you are looking to do of course.

As for what 'quality' actually means, it can be a lot of things. 100% cotton is a good start, but sometime people do like the 50/50 poly/cotton shirts, because they have the retro feel. Also, ringspun cotton shirts are often considered high quality, and American Apparel, or Alstyle, can offer some really good options.

For your other questions, do some searching around the web for t-shirt wholesalers, and you will see how the prices changes between items quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.